Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did You Ever?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:54 AM
  • 8 Replies
Did you ever have someone not like you because of the gender your kid is?

Crazy I know. I have been dating my boyfriend for a year and half. I have an almost 4 year old boy of my own. My boyfriend's whole family has been very accepting and welcoming with my son. It's actually really nice. A few members of his family insist my son is part of the family. Yet there is one nay sayer.

His aunt doesn't like me or my son. She has expressed her dislike for me to several other family members. They told her off and it eventually got back to me. This aunt doesn't like me because I was a single mom. I swear that's her main reason. But she had 2 kids with someone who abandoned her. Then a third kid with another guy who left her. She raised 3 girls on her own for years before finding her current husband.

As for my son, he's a boy. My boyfriend's family has a lot of little girls. All but one is a boy. But he is 11. This aunt thinks my son is too rough. Not physically really. But he tumbles and falls a lot. He acts like boy. I was told by my boyfriend's grandma that the aunt isn't used to boys and doesn't understand boy. Which I can tell by the dirty looks I get from her.

Sorry i felt like venting. Last night she was praising the girls in the family that recently had girls. While i know my son isn't really family, its just annoying. No one has a choice on what gender there kid is.
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Serabeth06
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I'd say don't let it get to you. It really has nothing to do with you or your son, specifically, and more with issues that the aunt has all on her own. She'd probably dislike anyone in your shoes, not just you. Ignore it as best you can, kill 'er with kindness when you can't.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Crazy aunt.
EmilyH87
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:36 PM

So long as the rest of the family accepts you and your son, I'd flat-out ignore her.

CafeMom Tickers
3againstitall
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I think that part that bothers me most is how I'm always very nice to her. I even got her a Christmas gift last year. But still she has nothing nice to say about me.
mom4awesomekids
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM
No
devilbabie
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:05 PM
That's just dumb! Just give it time and ignore her, she can't change anything by being bitchy!
judesmama09
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM

thats about how i feel with my bf's grandmother.. long story short, she think im a lazy bum only with him for the roof over our head, but in all reality i work at night, go to school full time and take care of my ds and his dd all day everyday

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Well she sounds like a peach... I think I'd just avoid her when possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)