Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

For those of you who had antibiotic babies... (please help) (repost from pregnancy group)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:01 AM
  • 21 Replies

Hey all

Okay so here's my sitch... I had sex with a close friend of mine tonight (no we arent together... its very complicated) I am on the pill because I have PCOS and they are trying to regulate me even though all I want is to have a baby... I realized after I had sex with him that I have been on a high dose of antibiotics for 3 days... I had looked it up beforehand and saw that only 2 antibiotics mess with BC... then afterwards i was going through my browsing history and saw a few other sites that said the one im on augmentin, DOES make BC innefective... 

I just got off my period on Friday... When i started teh antibiotics... what are the odds that after tonight I could be pregnant??? Does anyone know numbers on it??? 

I've been on my regular pills not the placebos for 4 days now... 3 of those were antibiotic days... 

Here's my thing though

I want to be a mom more than anything else in the world... IF i get pregnant i will be so so happy... so now i'm kinda hoping the odds might be more in my favor... though i know its unlikely...

anyways

Any advice would be lovely... 

also any stories are welcome on if you were on a BC and had a baby... Or know someone this happened to...

THANKYOU 

BABY DUST TO ALL!!!!!!

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
winkyloafer.
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:06 AM
Why would you want to conceive without having some kind of solid financial & emotional foundation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Fool
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:08 AM
I am perfectly stable...

Quoting winkyloafer.: Why would you want to conceive without having some kind of solid financial & emotional foundation?
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Well, my oldest was conceived when I was on the pill and antibiotics.... This was almost 11 years ago.

Does this guy know how much you want to be a mom??
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:33 AM

If you really want to be a mom then try to conceive...get off yourBC and try. I would clue in your partner though beforehand that you are trying to have a child.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Best of luck hun. Is the guy aware that you want a baby?

The_Fool
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:09 PM
No... He has a 2 1/2 year old son already... I didn't mean to do this... It's just now that I know about the antibiotics I can't help but hope...

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Best of luck hun. Is the guy aware that you want a baby?

HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:57 PM

wowwwwwwww

TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Metforin 1000mg twice a day every day and Provera for 10 days 16 days after the first day of your period (even if it is just spotting it is day 1) will regulate you. I know because I am being treated for PCOS. I can't use birth control though since having kids it makes me crazy when I take it (literally screaming crying ect)

The_Fool
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:11 PM

i'll talk to my obgyn about it... cuz i hate being on the pill...

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

Metforin 1000mg twice a day every day and Provera for 10 days 16 days after the first day of your period (even if it is just spotting it is day 1) will regulate you. I know because I am being treated for PCOS. I can't use birth control though since having kids it makes me crazy when I take it (literally screaming crying ect)

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:32 PM
It doesn't sound very likely. Yikes, what a situation though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN