Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with toddlers help me on this

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM
  • 46 Replies

My son is 19 months old. My husband puts him in the toddler bed every night and he sleeps there. I put him to bed he climbs out of the toddler bed and tries to climb into his crib. I do the same steps as my husband, but nope if its mommy he wants his crib.

why will he for my husband but not for me??

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlecheifsmom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Because he knows with dad the punishment would be serious. Mom is loving comfort & they try to take that mile when given an inch.

My boys do this too
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Can you move the crib out of his room?

MistyMoo
by Amber on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Is dad more strict and consistant with him? I know my ex could do the same thing as me and not get the same results because he made threats and never followed through with them.
MistyMoo
by Amber on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM
And this.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Actually I'm the "punisher" in the family. My husband coddles. But as of late with me being on bedrest it has shifted slightly

Quoting littlecheifsmom: Because he knows with dad the punishment would be serious. Mom is loving comfort & they try to take that mile when given an inch.

My boys do this too

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Me no. Him yes. I have been placed on bedrest 3 weeks ago. Nothing is getting done as it should but that is a rant for another day lol

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Nope. Mommy is the bad guy since his father feels guilty whenever a tear shows up. I had a feeling that it would be me as the person who carrys out the threats and punishments. And I'm unable to remove the crib from his room due to the bedrest I was placed on 3 weeks ago

Quoting MistyMoo: Is dad more strict and consistant with him? I know my ex could do the same thing as me and not get the same results because he made threats and never followed through with them.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM

oh hunny! You are home with him more. my daughter did the same thing. They are trying to test us.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now he is doing a good job lol

Quoting mama2b100808:

oh hunny! You are home with him more. my daughter did the same thing. They are trying to test us.

littlecheifsmom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM
It's the same sex thing. It really doesn't matter who punishes/ cuddles ect.

Whatever sex the child/adult is no matter what age in life you find it easier to get your way or talk to cause that person can relate.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Actually I'm the "punisher" in the family. My husband coddles. But as of late with me being on bedrest it has shifted slightly

Quoting littlecheifsmom: Because he knows with dad the punishment would be serious. Mom is loving comfort & they try to take that mile when given an inch.

My boys do this too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)