Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So aggravating!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, to start off, I am 23, married for over two years, a SAHM, and I have two beautiful daughters. Neither of my daughters were planned, but I am a good mother and a good wife. My husband works hard to suppot us and does everything he can to make sure we have everything we need.

Now, the aggravation. Every time a subject comes up that even remotely could be linked to the minute possibility of me getting pregnant again, everybody freaks out. Example - Me: My girls are really growing up. Them: Don't get pregnant again. Me: I want something nice to do for my husband's birthday. Them: Use condoms. Don't get pregnant. Me: (my husband) is going to find a babysitter one of these nights and get some Smirnoff for me and him. Them: Don't get pregnant.

I mean, I would understand if I was a teenager, living with my parents, unmarried, a horrible mother, what have you. But this is just so aggravating that everybody keeps telling me not to get pregnant. They even through a fit when I was pregnant with my daughters! Even my little sister who is pregnant with her 3rd baby acts like I am committing an unforgivable sin if I have unprotected sex with my DH. Come on, people! It is my life, it is my body, it is my family!

/End rant.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Wow hun! I wouldn't listen to them! I would enjoy my time with my husband if I got pregnant I got pregnant. They would just have to deal with it.

So I say go for it! You have 2 and your little sister has 3. To me seems like she doesn't want you to out do her for some reason.

mommymix0820
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:50 AM

that is total b.s.! I'm 24 and have four children (two between DH and I) and my family said the same thing. the big thing was "omg ur 23 with 3 kids!" (i have 3 myself and a SS). i polietly told them to mind their own business this is wat me and my husband wanted! we wanted to get having babies out the way so we could enjoy the fun things in life without always having a baby to tote around. plus there's an 8 yr age difference between us and he was adamant he wasn't having babies after 35 period lol

tabby21
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:00 AM

i know how u feel me nd hubby are having our second baby in march and all my parents keep saying 'no more babies' they say bc my health! which i agree but i wouldnt listen to the negativity! i am also 23! soo tell them to suck it lmao!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

littlecheifsmom
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol yeah I got the same thing.
Thogh were not legally married but ten years togetheMy boys are 6 yrs apart, in age for a reason. Then our 2nd baby had a congenital heart defect & no one knew if he'd survive. We were told by many drs to abort. Yeah no. & I had family say the same. My chd baby is now almost 2! & healthy. All those people I don't talk to.

I disowned all the negative people in our life. & only keep. those who love us.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM
What does hubs do? Maybe they are just concerned for u financially?
roseblossom90
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM

They worry about my health as well as I have Marfan Syndrome which makes pregnancy risky. But I have carried my two girls without any trouble and when I am pregnant the doctors keep a close eye on my heart to make sure nothing is going on that shouldn't be. I appreciate the worry I guess, it is just the fact that they freak out and tell me what to do like they have a right to do it or something. And they make it sound like another child would be such a horrible thing. They did the same before I got pregnant with my second daughter. And with my first, I was actually kicked out of the house when I announced my pregnancy! They treated me like a whore even though my marriage had been scheduled for the next week for over a year.

Quoting tabby21:

i know how u feel me nd hubby are having our second baby in march and all my parents keep saying 'no more babies' they say bc my health! which i agree but i wouldnt listen to the negativity! i am also 23! soo tell them to suck it lmao!

roseblossom90
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Quoting amberNewman0213: What does hubs do? Maybe they are just concerned for u financially?

He is a welder. We make more than my sister's husband does and we have less bills than they do. Yet they still didn't throw a fit over her....it just bugs me.

tabby21
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:17 AM

wow im sorry.....im sorry for the way they treated you....

Quoting roseblossom90:

They worry about my health as well as I have Marfan Syndrome which makes pregnancy risky. But I have carried my two girls without any trouble and when I am pregnant the doctors keep a close eye on my heart to make sure nothing is going on that shouldn't be. I appreciate the worry I guess, it is just the fact that they freak out and tell me what to do like they have a right to do it or something. And they make it sound like another child would be such a horrible thing. They did the same before I got pregnant with my second daughter. And with my first, I was actually kicked out of the house when I announced my pregnancy! They treated me like a whore even though my marriage had been scheduled for the next week for over a year.

Quoting tabby21:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)