Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your 7y/o go....?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM
  • 18 Replies

On a trip thats 1077 miles away with your parents to attend a wedding that you and your other child were specifically NOT invited to?

My oldest brother is getting married in May we're from Ohio and they are getting married in Flordia, my youngest dd who will be 4 and I were intentionally not invited but my 7 y/o dd was, my mom told me noone was invited I found out an uncle was invited my brother don't even talk to but I wasn't. I asked my mom if dd's and I could ride to Florida with her and my step-dad I told her I would pay for our hotel and food all of it she said let me talk to step dad I hear back from and now she can't take us cause she has to take my brother's dd cause he don't want to have to deal with her. No one wants me even in the state I told my mom dd will not be going because taking dd to the ocean is something special I want to be there for. All I want is a vacation with my DD's I have NEVER been out of Ohio and I don't even want to go to the wedding this isn't his first rodeo and I highly doubt this marriage will last so its nothing big to me. I will admit I am hurt by my brother and soon to be sil's actions he is my only full blooded sibling, hell even got into a fist fight with my half sister a few summers ago (she tried to hit me and hit youngest dd) and she invited me to see my nephew whom she put up for adoption going to see him in July but my brother refuses to invite me to his wedding (no there is no bad blood between my brother and I). To make matters worse that's all my mom talks about when she calls me she called me earlier today just to tell me she booked her hotel room and that she told my brother that dd will be going after I told me no but I'm being made out to be a bad mom for not wanting her to go. Sorry I really needed to vent

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM
I wouldn't allow that.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

no I wouldn't allow it. That is crazy.

cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Hell no! But i would be talking to my brother and finding out why i was not invited
Babydoll2527
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Nope...didn't even need to read past the first part. Doesn't matter why/what happened, if I'm not invited but my child is, its not happening. End. Of. Story.
k9l1c5
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM
No way, she would not be going.
esox
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Sounds like a ton of family drama. I don't think I would go or let the daughter go. And it sounds like you were just trying to get a free ride down to FL out of it (maybe a cover story to hide how hurt you are) but still not a reason to go.

My sister ran off to Hawaii (from Ohio as well) to get married and said she wanted no one there. Then turned around and cried because no one could afford to go. Their loss in the end.
EmilyH87
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Hell no my child would not be travelling that far without me, grandparents along or not. If I were you, I'd try to find out from your brother (NOT your mother) why you were specifically not invited to the wedding.

CafeMom Tickers
littlecheifsmom
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:51 PM

No way. My children go were we are all welcomed as a family. So if all can't go no one does. I'd also find put what's going on, as to why you weren't invited. Cause I know my siblings wouldn't do that ever, no matter how made we get at each other. Blood comes first.

Gl
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Under those circumstances, absolutely not.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM

No I wouldnt. If he wanted to see his niece he should have invited everyone.

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)