Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

New Mommy to be....I need some advice on what I should do throughout my pregnancy.

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:14 AM
  • 8 Replies

I just found out that I was pregnant. In the middle of the night I will wake up with back pain (upper back) and I can't go back to sleep. Is it alright for me to use a back massager? If so, for how long? What can I take for pain while pregnant? I have been told Tylenol unless the doctor says something else, but I have yet to see a OB-GYN. This is my first pregnancy so I need to know if what I did before I found out that I was pregnant will hurt the baby as well. A few weeks before I found out I was pregnant I was taking some Lortab 5 for pain and a week before I found out I was expecting I drank some, will any of that harm the baby?

Even though I have yet to see a doctor, I am on prenatal vitamins and eating right (now). So can anyone help me with these questions???

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommaKat87
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Sleep
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this

When do you go see your doctor? That really needs to be done soon. So he or she can help you. Plus you do need to sleep. 

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Using a back massager for any amount of time is fine. Only take Tylenol unless otherwise directed by a doctor. And many women drink and such before they know they are pregnant, chances are the baby is still 100% fine so I wouldn't worry about it!!
mrspalmer27
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Quoting MMerrill: Using a back massager for any amount of time is fine. Only take Tylenol unless otherwise directed by a doctor. And many women drink and such before they know they are pregnant, chances are the baby is still 100% fine so I wouldn't worry about it!!

Thank you, I had everyone telling me it was ok but I really wanted  to be sure.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
The back massager will be fine, Tylenol is your best bet in the first trimester and the alcohol and lortab probably won't hurt your baby.
MrsMommy123
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I am a new mom of a 3 month old so it feels good to share some advice. I had a few glasses of wine before I found out I was pregnant and my son didn't have any problems.  Everything went smoothly.  One thing that I wish people told me before I had my son was that every pregnancy is different.  People were constantly telling me that this will happen and that will happen, but for me it didn't (ex. morning sickness, but I didn't have an appetite to eat for four months). Every week could be different as well. I would say any big tasks or projects that you need to get done, do it now.  Once you get further along in your pregnancy you will start to be more tired. Another thing is buy a body pillow. I wish I did it sooner. I didn't have a belly until my 6th month, but sleeping got really uncomfortable within the first few months of being pregnant.  It could also help with the back pains you are having.  Lastly, I took a bath almost every night (even until the very end when I needed help getting in and out).  It helps ease and aches and pains you would have and it gives your body a break from carrying the extra weight. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Agreed. Good luck!

Quoting MMerrill: Using a back massager for any amount of time is fine. Only take Tylenol unless otherwise directed by a doctor. And many women drink and such before they know they are pregnant, chances are the baby is still 100% fine so I wouldn't worry about it!!

angelchewning
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM

yea most likely you and baby are both perfectly fine! Congrats BTW! like they said^ Tylenol and sleep...funny how the one time you really need extra sleep its so difficult to stay asleep. I swear the annoyance of pregnancy is the way it is to get us ready for the annoyances baby will bring! Gotta love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)