Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Going to take a year!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this
I wanted to see about when I'll be at my goal weight... Jan 14th 2015...give or take obviously lol.

Whew that's a long time!! Luckily I'm just not thinking about that and taking it 1lb at a time. I'm keeping smaller goals...we will be going to Florida in April..so trying to get to 170 before then. I started Jan 1st, I've gone from 210 to 199. I have MAJORLY changed my eating habits and work out daily, and walk 4x a week. I'm hoping to have another slightly big loss come weigh in day.

I had to call my dr cause that's a lot and I don't want to do anything wrong, she said since I have done things like cut out pop, sugary treats, all processed foods that it might be that way next time to but it's okay, then after my body's clear of junk I should try just 2/3 lbs a week.

Crazy how pop and processed foods affect your weight!! I feel amazing already.

Anyone else doing this? How much do you want to loose? What are you doing for your diet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Good for you!! :)

I am on a journey as well to lose weight and get more healthy.

I began in October with a goal to lose 50.
I have lost 20 so far. :)
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM

That's awesome,good luck!

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Oh yes I am on this journey also. I want to lose about 30 to 40lbs before my 30th bday which is in Decemeber 18th this  year! :) You keep doing what you are doing and you will make your goal. 

jaxons_mama
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I'm trying. I started last Monday and I've lost 5 lbs so far. It's going to be a long slow road but I've gotta do it. I have to lose this baby weight. I'm hoping to have lost at least 15-20 lbs by my birthday in mid April.
MrsMommy123
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I have a weight goal for motivation, but I am losing weight to get healthy.  My risk for diabetes is 50/50 since I have been pregnant, so my main goal is to have a permanent lifestyle change. My goal weight is the weight established by my doctor that I should maintain to reduce my risk.  I'm not on a specific diet(at least I don't consider it one), but I have started counting calories and food journaling temporarily to monitor my eating habits (I didn't realize how many calories I eat per day). I also have to watch my carb and protein ratio as well as how much sugar I intake (It's what I had to do when I had gestational diabetes). I pretty much eat almost what I want, just changed how I ate (3 small meals/3 snacks). 

Vmiller2008
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Just want to lose my stomach
meggera007
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:42 PM

My weight loss journey will begin tomorrow, I'm actually drinking my last soda that I'll have for a while right now. Soda has been my worst enemy, and is one of the main reasons I weigh as much as I do, that combined with the fact that I haven't had the best eating habits (too many sugary foods, or foods with high fat content). I'm going to be changing the things I eat.. As in I will eat more fruits, more vegetables, baked chicken or turkey, and have fish occasionally to change it up. I think I will get a daily vitamin to take to help with energy and getting all the vitamins and minerals I need. I will also be cutting out soda, and drinking mainly water. I'm also going to be attempting to do the Couch to 5k program, since I love to run but can't due to the amount of weight I've gained. The Couch to 5k program will also help me train my dogs to run with me and give them a chance to learn sledding commands (they're Siberian Huskies). 

So yeah, I have my work cut out for me. :) 

Congrats on your weight loss and I hope it continues to go well for you! Also, how hard was it for you to cut back on the soda? Every time I've tried in the past, I've always failed.. But this time around I really need to cut back, my weight is starting to really affect my health (my back constantly aches from the excess weight I have, and I get out of breath really easy).

ashton82186
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM

THAT IS AWESOME‚ô• Take Pics of yourself so you can see the change.=)  SO excited for you!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:18 PM
That is great! Congrats and good luck with the rest of your journey! I have some weight to lose too. Want to start soon but want to get my birth control out first, I think that's a big part of my weight issues.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Good for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)