Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Anyone'a child ever have CT/EEG?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
  • 14 Replies

My nephew is 2 and has been having episodes where he just spaces out. I was reading and saw these could be abscence seizures. He was taken to the doctor a few days ago and the Doctor seemed concerned that his eyes didn't look right. He has ordered a CT scan and EEG for the 27th. He didn't say what he thinks might be wrong just that he needs to have the tests done? I was thinking he might be testing for a seizure disorder but I have no real experience with that. Has your child ever had issues similar to this? W hat was the outcome? Thanks.

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh man I wish I knew. My daughter hasn't had any issues like this before. Please keep us updated. 

Lots2Love84
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I went thru 2 years of MRIs EEGs CTs with my now almost 4 year old. It was test after test because of seizure activity. In the end she was diagnosed with left temporal lobe epilepsy. Any specific question hun?
virgoariesmama
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:57 PM

My dd has had 3 eeg's she had focal seizures where she would space out and stop breathing for a minute she was 2 months old (they referred to her as a 1 month old cause she was pre-term) it was scary but in the end you know what is wrong. If you have any specific questions you can pm me

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:15 PM

If you don't mind me asking is epilepsy a hard diagnosis to come to? He has had 1 seizure that the Doctors considered febrile but ever since that episode he has the abscence seizures where he almost just spaces out. They also say his eyes  "Don't look right", that also didn't happen until his first seizure. I was wondering if that sounds  like a seizure disorder. Nobody in my family has ever had any sort of issues like epilepsy in the past and it's all kind of foreign to us.

Quoting Lots2Love84: I went thru 2 years of MRIs EEGs CTs with my now almost 4 year old. It was test after test because of seizure activity. In the end she was diagnosed with left temporal lobe epilepsy. Any specific question hun?

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Thank you!

Quoting virgoariesmama:

My dd has had 3 eeg's she had focal seizures where she would space out and stop breathing for a minute she was 2 months old (they referred to her as a 1 month old cause she was pre-term) it was scary but in the end you know what is wrong. If you have any specific questions you can pm me

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I will thank you very much!

Quoting mama2b100808:

Oh man I wish I knew. My daughter hasn't had any issues like this before. Please keep us updated. 

Babydoll21313
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM
I have the petit mal seizures so I am familiar with EEGs. My youngest son has had 3 EEGs. 2 were about 20 minutes long and 1 was a take home 48 hour. My son's EEGs came back normal. Any other questions you might have I can try to answer best I can
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM
I have not dealt with this but wish you all the best of luck!
Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:23 PM
My youngest has had many ct scans, eeg's and a few mri's, they can be scary but he's ok now. He had the eeg for seizure activity and the mri's and ct scans because of external hydrocephalus and Joubert Syndrome.
michelles89
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:25 PM
No but my dd will soon be going in for an MRI because she's delayed. They think its neurological if not then we move onto a muscle dr to see. Hopefully we won't need the MRI because my dr is getting orthotics to help get her low tone on track.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)