Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Are any of you mamas Psychology majors?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm currently looking into majoring in Psychology. I have had the hardest time finding something that I would be happy majoring in that would allow me to have an enjoyable career. I have always been fascinated by the human mind, and psychology as a subject. 

So if you are a Psychology major, what are you wanting to do with your degree once you have it? I'm really thinking of looking into some type of counselling career. I'm not planning on starting college any time soon, I'm really just working on what I want my career goals to be and taking my time to research the colleges and universities that are closest to me with the major that I want. 

Thanks in advance ladies. :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I minored in psychology while majoring in pre-law. I do know lots of people who recieved 4 year psychology degrees and almsot all of them cannot find work in the field with only a 4 year degree, most olaces wants masters or phd's. I would encourage you to check job sites in the areas you are interested in and see what they are requiring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanut0110
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My associates is in Social and Behavioral Sciences and when I get my BA it will be in Family and Human Development. I was all for the Psych major but after talking to some advisors, the classes involved were not even close to what I am interested in doing. I am looking to working with children and possibly couples. I'm still trying to work out those details.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not but good luck!

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a degree in Psychology, but I also have a degree in Human Development as well. I work in social services and currently work with mental health, behavioral disorder, and substance abuse patients.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)