Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

So nervous! ETA: awesomeness

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Today my son kicked off his birthday fundraiser for the make a wish foundation. He did this for his birthday Last year and more than quadrupled his $200 goal. He set a modest goal of $300. I want him to have the same success as last year. Everytime a donation would come in, his face would absolutely light up. It inspired me, as an adult, to want to do better and be better.

Last year, he started asking questions about why I give money to various charitable organizations. He was really inspired by make a wish. He looked at me and said, "mom, I always get so much for Christmas, maybe for my birthday, I can donate money to help make some wishes come true." That was for his ninth birthday. We contacted Make a wish and set up his fundraiser. I know others were inspired by a kid with such a big heart. I'm hoping they are just as inspired this year.

Wish him luck!

A week After his birthday party, his total is $1140. He's $60 away from quadrupling his goal. Other parents have reached out to me. They've shared Trenten's story and he's now inspiring others. :)
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome! What a wonderful little boy!! I was thinking of doing that with my son and donating to the NICU he was in.
mommymix0820
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:20 PM

that's really cool and good luck :D

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Thank you! 

Quoting mommymix0820:

that's really cool and good luck :D

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

He inspires me so much!

Older generations like to say that the newer generations are self entitled.  I'll argue that and use my son as my inspiration.  Google it.  Kids are awesome.  So many kids do so much good.  I wish the media could focus on the kids doing good.  It's so amazing and inspiring. 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Good luck to him!! I hope his fundraiser does great, let us know how much he raised then!
TempestRayne
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Fabulous!
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM

His birthday is on Sunday, and he is already up to $355!!!  :)  He met his $300 goal.  Now he is hoping to double it!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Yay! That's awesome!

Quoting Courtney610:

His birthday is on Sunday, and he is already up to $355!!!  :)  He met his $300 goal.  Now he is hoping to double it!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! He's now up to $410.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Yay! That's awesome!

Quoting Courtney610:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Woohoo! He's up to $555! He's definitely going to DOUBLE his goal! I can't wait for him to get home from his after school club so I can tell him his new total! He's going to flip out!

I have at least 5 family members who said they are waiting until his party on Sunday to donate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN