Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would you handle a situation like this??

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I am a single mom of two kids and I am currently living with my mom and two brothers till i get on my feet.  My brothers fiance moved in in October with her four year old daughter. my son is 2 and daughter almost 4 so they usually play pretty good.  except for the fact that her daughter is an only child and is used to always getting her way.  my kids are definitly worse behaved when she is around because she is an instagater (spelling?).  So what really gets to me is the fact that his fiance is ALWAYS not feeling good and lays in bed doing nothing all day long.  My brother works two jobs and starts the first job at 2am.  He gets home from work and serves them both food, cleans up after both of them, and pretty much disciplines her on his own.  When hes at work she is usually out here with me and my kids and she throws tantrum after tantrum and it is very frustrated.  When I make my kids food, I make it for her to.  I clean up after her and basically feel like i have three kids during the day.  All because she doesnt like to do anything and just lays down watching tv.  I get not feeling good, I get chronic headaches every single day.  But I am always up by 7am with my kids, I feed them, I play with them, I do everything with them because I am there mom and I love them and it is no ones responsibility but mine.  It frustrates me that she puts off her responsibility on other people and I dont know how to go about dealing with it.  I get tired too but I'm still up every night till midnight doing homework and she seriously does nothing all day every day.  should i just let it go and deal with it, or nip it in the butt before it gets even worse??

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MMerrill
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM
6 moms liked this

Nip it in the butt.  Go wake the mom up and tell her that her daughter is hungry and is ready for lunch.  What your brother does for her and her kid is one thing, but it's not YOUR responsibility.

When you have kids, that responsibility doesn't go away just because you don't feel good!!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

MamaPeanut
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:59 PM
I absolutely agree.

She is taking advantage of you. She continues to do it because you let her.

Don't do anything for her daughter, and don't let her daughter bully your kids.

Quoting MMerrill:

Nip it in the butt.  Go wake the mom up and tell her that her daughter is hungry and is ready for lunch.  What your brother does for her and her kid is one thing, but it's not YOUR responsibility.

When you have kids, that responsibility doesn't go away just because you don't feel good!!

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Stop taking care of her kid.
virgoariesmama
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Um I agree  make her get off her buttand take care of her dd I have chronic migrains and I still take care of my kids and make sure they are fed, get their baths, clean clothes etc...

m.garcia21
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Id knock on her door and tell her hey your kids hungry!
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Quoting MamaPeanut: I absolutely agree.

She is taking advantage of you. She continues to do it because you let her.

Don't do anything for her daughter, and don't let her daughter bully your kids.

Quoting MMerrill:

krissy0991
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:46 PM
This

Quoting MMerrill:

jamaicanmom89
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:44 AM
I knw what u talking about. I have 2 kids myself and i am at my mom 5days a week cuz i have afterschool program for kids i handle. In the mornings i have my kids and nephew andin the evening whenmy sis comes fr work she takes up her kids stuff and leave her kid amd i have to work so that leave me with the three kids. What i do is take my 2 and take them with me and call her for hers and she gets vex. U should bring her daughter to her, its her responsiblity u already have two to take care of and its no pinic
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Yeah its time for her to be a mom and not be a lazy person. She has one kid it won't hurt her to get up and deal with her. 

Carmalita28
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:32 AM
You definitely need to nip this in the bud and make her get off her butt and take care of her own kid. I would approach your brother first because she will turn your brother against you if you go to her and it offends her. See what your brother says first. Go to him with compassion not confrontation. Chances are he already knows how you feel. Have some suggestions to ease her into being a MOM because apparently no one has made her face this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)