Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big Move ???

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

Have any of you made a huge move? I graduated last May with my BS Degree and I cannot find a job that pays what I should be paid. My husband and I have talked and we want to start looking at other states to find the best opportunity. I am not sure where to start as far as finding a LEGIT job. I have been looking on Indeed, Monster, and craigslist. Does anybody know of any other way to find a long distance job or any advice on going thru the process. I have the money saved up to be able to fly out to meet with company if it sounds good and all that.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lovemymini
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Try looking it to specific companies. For example if you want to be a teacher look up specific school districts and see if they are hiring.

What are you looking to do?
bettysmurf88
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I have a business degree. I also have a real estate license and am currently doing payroll and real estate.

MMerrill
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

BUMP!

lil_momma1411
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM
I moved from Kentucky to Alabama for my hubbys job
MamaPeanut
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:57 PM
We moved in 2011 from Southern WI to Charlotte, NC. Almost 900 miles.

The most stressful part was buying a house we had never been in, lol.
bettysmurf88
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Wow that would be stressful! Im not that brave. I think i will rent one until i know the areas and stuff a little better then buy. I have one here to sell to but i have a real estate license so at least i dont have to pay all the commission. I am still looking at jobs online. I did get a call about one in IL but it really sounds like a scam.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I'd start looking in the papers for the states your looking for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)