Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mothers of accident prone children

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM
  • 27 Replies

So I went to my sons drs appointment today and they noticed he had a healed over gash on his head. I explained that he ran into a kitchen drawer that I honestly thought I shut. They looked at his chart and said the last time he was in for an appointment he had a bump on his head as well. I told the dr yes he runs into everything so much I feel that I should buy him a bike helmet. (she didnt get the joke)

Well now I know they are keeping track because PA law states that they must and frankly thats fine but I cant help but wonder just how many of those bruises will be thought of as child abuse. I cant help that my 19 month old son runs around like a looney toon. He has an enormous amount of energy, I take him to the park, let him play outside (when I am able to have time outside with him) heck I even pay the 6 dollars to take him to Monkey Joe's bounce house twice a week!

I dont know what else to do and I am freaked that they will call CS because of my son being accident prone :/

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:02 PM
If they do get involved, you have nothing to hide. I really wouldn't worry about it.
JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Yeah I know I shouldnt since he is always clean and in clean clothes, the house is as clean as it gets with a toddler. I just dont have a way to keep him out of everything that will harm him. I cant put him in a bloody bubble for the rest of his life. :/

Quoting Courtney610: If they do get involved, you have nothing to hide. I really wouldn't worry about it.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I've thought that before, especially if they have bruises or bumps right before an appointment but they have never brought it up. I wouldn't overthink it too much though I don't think most Doctors call for a bump or bruise.

JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Which is what I thought. I mean I tell them every time he has a bump or bruise so I was shocked when this new doctor brought up that this was the second bump on his head.... then he bumped his head crawling under the exam table right infront of her. *rolls eyes* she can see that he is into everything and highly curious, the child has no fear.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I've thought that before, especially if they have bruises or bumps right before an appointment but they have never brought it up. I wouldn't overthink it too much though I don't think most Doctors call for a bump or bruise.

roseblossom90
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM

The drs were worried about my oldest up until a few months old because she would put hickeys on her arms that turned to bruises. They said something to me about them every time so I would just roll up my sleeves and show the matching marks on myself, some still drool covered. lol

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Both my kIds are like this and sometimes I feel like an idiot taking them in. In December my son touched our wood burning fireplace and got second degree burns so I had to take him in. Then in early January, my daughter fell backwards, not really even sure how, and hit the back of her head on an Ikea kids chair and I had to take her for stitches. It is always something with them. And if it possibly can happen, it will.

Even if they do call, it would be a short investigation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Yeah it will be short expecially when they see hyper butt lol He managed to wonk his dang head again... on what I have no idea. I baby locked every door and drawer in this place. I feel like I'm in a aslyum under lock and key.

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: Both my kIds are like this and sometimes I feel like an idiot taking them in. In December my son touched our wood burning fireplace and got second degree burns so I had to take him in. Then in early January, my daughter fell backwards, not really even sure how, and hit the back of her head on an Ikea kids chair and I had to take her for stitches. It is always something with them. And if it possibly can happen, it will.

Even if they do call, it would be a short investigation.

JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM

lol my nephew does that to himself. I never understood why but I guess that is just his way of being loony lol

Quoting roseblossom90:

The drs were worried about my oldest up until a few months old because she would put hickeys on her arms that turned to bruises. They said something to me about them every time so I would just roll up my sleeves and show the matching marks on myself, some still drool covered. lol

Deadl1ests1n
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Kids are kids the run the fall and get boo boo's if they call cps you have nothing to worry about you have nothing to hide cps will witness that he is a very active little boy and they will close the case within 3 months
ZanderandBella
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Run a video recorder and hopefully you'll catch his accident prone times.

Heather~ The Crazy Wrap Lady!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)