Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Social Networking?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:07 PM
  • 20 Replies

Whats everyone think about social networking?

Almost everyone I know has a facebook,myspace,twitter or some other accout on a similar sight.

Personally I find myself bored with it. The only reason I even log on anymore is to check the exchange sites in my area for things. I love seeing pictures of family and relatives who live out of state but other then that its becoming very monotonus and when I do log on I catch myself thinking why are u wasting your time reading about drama/what people made for dinner/ and bathroom selfies??? It's really become a way to pass the time for me while im waiting at a doc's office, picking up kids etc. 

Im 24 and pretty much over the facebook thing....

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM

I like to keep up with certain people through facebook. I don't get to see my family and some friends too often, so it's a nice way to keep in touch. I've always had some type of social media page since I was young, so for me, it's just kind of "normal" to have one, I guess.

esox
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you have some boring friends Lol
I only have Facebook and I probably check it 5-6 times a day because the people I choose to have as 'friends' are all highly entertaining and people I know/knew in real life. Its been a great way to catch up with family that drifted apart as individual families grew making holidays too crazy to plan around etc.
marissabrookee
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I'm on instagram more than facebook but I love both because my friends are pretty entertaining lol
Honey_Comb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 27 and just recently boycotted Facebook. Cafemom is my only site now. :)
jl89
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:10 AM

I check social networks maybe once a month....I get bored with them :(

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Thanks to FB, my son's fundraiser was a giant success. We use it for our PTO, it's the best bet for getting volunteers.

I see people complain that FB is only for drama, but I think it depends on the user.

I use Instagram more.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Ps. I'm 29.

Quoting Courtney610: Thanks to FB, my son's fundraiser was a giant success. We use it for our PTO, it's the best bet for getting volunteers.

I see people complain that FB is only for drama, but I think it depends on the user.

I use Instagram more.

Gemini1987
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:03 AM

I think facebook is losing its intrigue lately. Its neat to see the things shared on the news feed though. All sorts of funny things, touching stories, good recipes. 

Mandallyn
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I use social networking to keep up with current events moreso than seeing what my family and friends are doing.  In fact I hide the status updates from the drama kings and queens.  I don't care what's happening in their lives because it's always the end of their world.  lol  

mommymix0820
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM

we don't do fb. im 24 and i just dont like all the crap that goes on on there. i quit using it about 4 years ago and ive been perfectly happy without it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN