Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How many chances would you give your man a after disrepecting you????

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:13 AM
  • 49 Replies
I would like to know how many chances would you give your SO/DH after countless amount of disrespect towards you if he belittled you or put his hands on you?????
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:21 AM

he has never put his hands on me. He has made me feel stupid and treated me like his house slave for more than a year. Sadly I lost count how many times I have said "this is the last time". A few weeks ago I didn't tell him what was bothering me, I stopped doing everything that would tell him something was up. Right now we are living like roommates because he refused to help do things. It has set a fire under his ass, but he fell off the wagon but until he learns I'm not going to change it.

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
purple-vanity
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I went through this situation at a very young age I got married at 18. I didn't know he was abusive until months into the marriage. He belittled me, hit me, made me feel stupid, and dictated my every move. Long story short I had had enough when he completely degraded me I was pregnant he threatened to kill me numerous times. I called the police and moved with my mom where I then filed for divorce at the age of 19. I would not advise any woman to stay with a man if he makes you feel that way. You deserve better remember that
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM
4 moms liked this
If he put hands on me there would be no chances. Cheating or physical abuse get no chances with me, no matter the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Physical abuse would be my line. If he hit me, there would be no chances. I would walk instantly and my df knows this. If he was belittling me, I think it would depend on what was said and how often. Also, it would depend on the way he took it when confronted with his behavior. If he was sorry and apologized and tried to make it better, I would forgive him and let him try again. If it happened routinely and was something he was not changing on, or was only getting worse, I would walk away.

Now, this is something I have had to deal with because my fiance says thing that aren't belittling, necessarily, but he almost pokes fun at me for stuff that I don't find funny. He thinks he is being funny, where I think he sounds like a douche. We just have had to have conversations multiple times about how it isn't funny to say things like that and I dont appreciate it. Example, I will clean the whole house and have dinner on the table and he will come and say something about the one or two things I didn't do that day. Even though he's kidding, it bothers me because I tried my best to get everything done. He just doesn't understand that but he's gotten a lot better.

Communication is key in any relationship. Just communicate about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I wouldn't allow it, ever.
USARomanceChick
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I used to have abusive exes and would always stick it out and stay becuase I hated divorce or hated failure..now I realizing I'm failing myself if I stayed with someone who disrespected me...I belive in second chances but I wont give 2nd chances to a man hitting me anymore or cheating. If he just perhaps says bad things; I may forgive it once or twice; im trying to be more forgiving; but I think love is respect so if someone disrespects me over and over; i'd be a fool to allow it again and again...i've been that girl though.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I would never allow him to put his hands on me, I would be out after the first time. And the disrespect and belittling would depend on the severity. I would maybe give him another chance after I talked to him about it.

Emilsita
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM

none he disrespects me .no matter what their always needs to be respect

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hands on me - ZERO chances. He knows I won't tolerate that shit, and he can't stand men who do that either.
Belittling me... it really depends on the exact situation and what words were said.

mamalama898
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I think belittling is more destructive than hitting sometimes. My ex would get physical but it was the day in day out emotional abuse that did the most damage.

Now I wont put up with either. My SO gets a little pissy sometimes but he always respects me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN