Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

being a single mom

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this

being a single mom is harder then people may think i sturggle day in and day out i feel so alone. i get no help from any family members at al and it sucks i do my best to give my daughter everything i could but its just sooo hard :(

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Tsmommy106
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Being a single mom is very hard. It's very stressful. My son is 8. I love him to pieces. Me and him can't get on each others nerves sometimes & we argue & go to our separate rooms to calm down. We're too much alike sometimes, but it's been just me & him, we have our groove. It gets a little easier & is soo worth it. You need to find some friends, try playgroups in your area. You need mommy friends & sometimes even they don't understand being a mommy. But it will be nice to have friends at least to count on & talk to, if your family isn't helpful. Good luck!!
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this
It is hard but it's what you make of it. I am a single mom of 4, and I have made the decision to try to be positive every day if I can. Just remember you are not alone, you have your child by your side :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:22 AM
it sure is hard.iv been a single mom just over two years. it was really lonely at the start. my kids were so young. i had no car. little money and no friends and was in a new town. i remember crying one day from just loneliness and wondering will it ever get any easier. i was so worn out. i told myself my kids have nobody else but mr, i have to stay strong for them and it does get easier the older they get. this week was hard, but tomorrow is another day. try and get out of the house and go to the park amd differant things. best way to meet people
TempestRayne
by Donna on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:54 PM

being a single mom sucks. been there.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I'm a single mom too, and it IS hard.  But, why do you not ask family or friends for help once in a while?  It's ok to ask a family member to watch your little girl for a few hours so you can go out with friends sometimes.  (((hug)))

Pastrychefmom85
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:00 PM
It is very hard. I'm in a similar situation. I'm on my own a few states away from my family because of work. I have a great babysitter that I can use IF I have extra money (rarely happens) I've been on my own with my ds since he was 6 months. I'm so sorry you feel alone. If you ever need a chat, I'm here!

Quoting taniac91:

being a single mom is harder then people may think i sturggle day in and day out i feel so alone. i get no help from any family members at al and it sucks i do my best to give my daughter everything i could but its just sooo hard :(

naj2013
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:33 PM
It sure is!!, i'm going through it, even though i have my family helping at times it still sucks so i can only imagine what you're going through. *huggs*
cat2919
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:23 PM
im going through that now. i actually found a group on here specifically for single moms all the ladies in the group are super nice and supportive. we'll all get through it eventually. single moms unite! :-)
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Yes it is, I've been there also.Hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)