Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Facebook Adoption? Thoughts?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you look for a baby to adopt via Facebook?

Options:

Yes, anything it takes.

No.

Other, Explain below!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

http://fox8.com/2014/01/30/facebook-status-social-media-baby-boom/

What do you think about this ladies and would you ever do it?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I am one that has to do things in person. 

AbbeysMom2013
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I have never been in that situation. But I can image that people just need to take matters into their own hands. Let's face it, the world now is all about social media, as sad as that is.
JG86
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I would never adopt anyway though.
Honey_Comb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I personally don't have an issue getting pregnant, but if I couldn't and we wanted to adopt I would most defintely consider it. 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I didn't read it, but no I would not be trying to adopt a baby via facebook. That's just weird...it's like trying to buy a baby on craigslist or something.

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Quoting k9l1c5:

I didn't read it, but no I would not be trying to adopt a baby via facebook. That's just weird...it's like trying to buy a baby on craigslist or something.

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't actively look for a baby to adopt through Facebook. If i had a friend our friend of a friend looking for someone to adopt their baby I'd consider it though.

This is the direction things are moving in.
tonijustine
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it is unreasonable to post your adoption plans on Facebook and if someone who is considering adoption for their child finds it, then great. I would never do this without support from an agency or attorney who could verify pregnancy, make sure that all laws were followed and provide counseling to the expectant parents, though.

And I believe that most of these people who say they adopted via Facebook mean that they connected via Facebook before going through normal channels with an adoption professional. At least, I hope.

Honey_Comb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Agreed. I would still include all the laws and such but if you can connect, then why not right?

Quoting tonijustine:

I don't think it is unreasonable to post your adoption plans on Facebook and if someone who is considering adoption for their child finds it, then great. I would never do this without support from an agency or attorney who could verify pregnancy, make sure that all laws were followed and provide counseling to the expectant parents, though.

And I believe that most of these people who say they adopted via Facebook mean that they connected via Facebook before going through normal channels with an adoption professional. At least, I hope.

Freckles4u
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:38 PM
This

Quoting Firenygirl180: I wouldn't actively look for a baby to adopt through Facebook. If i had a friend our friend of a friend looking for someone to adopt their baby I'd consider it though.

This is the direction things are moving in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN