Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In need of a married SAHM friend...what to do!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:55 AM
  • 23 Replies

Hi all Im a stay at home mommy of two a 4 year old and a 4 month old. My husband became the breadwinner after we finished school which was fun at first I have to admit but now that we had our second child I have the potential to go crazy. He doesnt make a lot so Im not one of those who gets to take the kids out on outings much as well as, I dont have my own car, and we dont have family that can watch the kids unless its an emergency or at least I try not to ask a lot of family or friends that can watch our kids. My kids are attached to me like a bear to honey! The only adults I talk to are my mom who lives far away and my husband who works 12 hour days with an hour drive and really isnt much help because he comes home and a lot of times he is knocked out before dinner is ready. Any suggestions on adult conversations or interactions??? How to make friends from inside the house lol

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lyssa03
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Sorry I can't help. I'm kind of in the same situation, except he's my boyfriend.
lilyrose2011
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM
I wish I could help but I'm in the same situation. I usually make freinds through work but I don't currently have a job. As soon as I get a job I feel like my chances of finding a friend would be easyier.
Tonya.H
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I am married and a stay at home mom as well. My husband is in the Army, we're stationed in Georgia, and we have two daughters, 9 years (homeschooled) and 22 months. I'm the same as you, we only have one vehicle so it's hard for me to get out of the house and my husband is a Drill Sergeant, so he works LONG hours. The only adults I talk to regulary are my mom who is 12-13 hours away in Texas and a friend of mine who is in Colorado. I have no one to watch my kids, I don't let anyone watch my kids unless it's family (which is impossible) or a really good friend that I know and trust (which isn't many).

I don't have many friends either that I actually talk to and hang out with, I find it hard to make friends wherever we go, so I'm always looking to meet other mom and make new friends.

AbbeysMom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a married sahm with a nine month old. If you want you can text me whenever :) I go a little stir crazy also
kbutton24
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM
I'm married and a sahm to an 18 month old. Same situation :/ I'm in MA.
mrsniebo
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I'm kind of in the same situation, but with a car so I can at least take the kids to the library. Keeping myself busy with hobbies and taking care of the house and kids usually keeps me from feeling too lonely, but it's not the same as having adult interaction.

tiarra7022
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I think a lot of us are in the same situation. I have been looking for other mom in my area for years and have had no luck. I really thought once my son started preschool I would be able to connect with other moms but nope I found the ones who could care less they drop their kid off and run out the door. My son got invited to his first birthday party this weekend and I was so excited to take him. Good chance to meet ppl then I found out its at one of the cosmic golf place were its all black lights. Not a good place to make friends. Im still going there is always a chance someone likes me with my glowing teeth lol

mrsgosch
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Same situation, I had friends who were moms and sstuck by them went and hung out at their house helped with the kids. When I had a baby that all changed they stopped talking to me the girls at work didnt invite me out anymore (apparently being a mom means I'm not fun). I quit my job since daycare was to expensive, Tried a mom group they have here on weekends but its church based, we dont go to that church so I felt awkward and the other moms were so into gossip n putting other women down who werent "dressed" as well as they are....i gave up on having friends or other moms to talk to :( 

mamalama898
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Any of his work buddies have wives you can meet? Also look on craiglist in the platonic section, just be careful with that. Or you can look at meetup.com and join one of those groups.

mommyoftigermen
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM

So how do you ladies stay sane lol I think im at the end of my time as a sahm I mean by not having any adult interaction what do you do to keep your mind going?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)