Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The first year

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM
  • 30 Replies

My daughter is in school and her class isn't even celebrating Valentine's Day. :( I feel so bad. I bought those cute little cards and go to ask for the list of kids names and she tells me they aren't having a party or anything for Valentines. Ugh! I would looking forward to all the little cards coming home. :( 

Has a teacher done that to your child and their classmates?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Aww, my little one is not in school yet, but that is sad! That was always one of my favorite times of the year in school. I have heard of schools doing this though because some kids do not get cards for every kid in the class and they don't want anyone feeling left out :/.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:10 AM

My daughter was going to give everyone a card bc I was going to write the names down. She is in preschool you would think she would get to do this. But it is sad. I don't mind if she was older and in a high grade but pre k come on. :( 

Quoting k9l1c5:

Aww, my little one is not in school yet, but that is sad! That was always one of my favorite times of the year in school. I have heard of schools doing this though because some kids do not get cards for every kid in the class and they don't want anyone feeling left out :/.

OBImomma
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Awe :-(
My sons class is having a party the day before bc they are going on a field trip on valentines day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Oh yeah I wasn't saying that she wouldn't have, just that some kids don't and their parents don't care enough to make sure that they do either :/.

Quoting mama2b100808:

My daughter was going to give everyone a card bc I was going to write the names down. She is in preschool you would think she would get to do this. But it is sad. I don't mind if she was older and in a high grade but pre k come on. :( 

Quoting k9l1c5:

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Yeah my daughter is having a trip on that day too but her teacher isn't even doing it any day that week. 

Quoting OBImomma: Awe :-(
My sons class is having a party the day before bc they are going on a field trip on valentines day

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Yeah that is sad! I am glad that I am a parent that does because I will make sure every year if they do a party every grade she is in that each one will get one. 

Quoting k9l1c5:

Oh yeah I wasn't saying that she wouldn't have, just that some kids don't and their parents don't care enough to make sure that they do either :/.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting k9l1c5:

AbbeysMom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
My step son in is kindergarten and I have noticed that they done let them celebrate much. I'm not sure if he gets to do valentines day, but they couldn't celebrate Halloween at all at school. They didn't even have a Christmas play or anything. I find that really sad.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Oh wow! Where do you live? 

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: My step son in is kindergarten and I have noticed that they done let them celebrate much. I'm not sure if he gets to do valentines day, but they couldn't celebrate Halloween at all at school. They didn't even have a Christmas play or anything. I find that really sad.

AbbeysMom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Washington state. He is one that likes to be by himself. Those little things would help him interact a bit.

My daughter is 9 months old, I will be disappointed if she isn't able to do those things.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: My step son in is kindergarten and I have noticed that they done let them celebrate much. I'm not sure if he gets to do valentines day, but they couldn't celebrate Halloween at all at school. They didn't even have a Christmas play or anything. I find that really sad.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Oh wow! I am so glad I don't live there. That is sad they don't do much for the kids. 

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Washington state. He is one that likes to be by himself. Those little things would help him interact a bit.

My daughter is 9 months old, I will be disappointed if she isn't able to do those things.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)