Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the funniest or most embarrassing thing your toddler has ever done in public?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM
  • 16 Replies

"No, honey, don't do THAT!"

Has your toddler ever knocked over a huge display case in the grocery store, started going through the stuff in a stranger's handbag in a coffee shop, kept crawling or peeking under the bathroom stall of a stranger in a public bathroom? Or worse?
blushing
Please share your funniest or most embarrassing troublemaking toddler moments for possible inclusion in The Stir!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma-Rissa
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Once we were waiting in line at a store and an elderly man with no teeth was behind us. Logen looks at him and says did you give all your teeth to the toothfairy!! I didnt know what to say.

k9l1c5
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Nothin horrible that I can think of yet, but give her time lol.

hadleykubenka
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM
My ydd pd all over the floor in the dollar store just about a week ago.
nebkyoung
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My family and I were eating out in a nice restaurant one night in the midst of potty training my son. He told my husband he had to poop so he took him and they were gone for aboutr 15 minutes. When walking back to the table, he announced he had pooped in the potty to our whole section of the restaurant! Kind of a bittersweet moment. LOL

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Gosh so many lol. There are 2 that stick out though. When my son was about 18 months old we took him to the pool and a man walked through the gate, as soon as Gabriel saw him he starts yelling and pointing "Elmo!!!!" I was mortified the man just looked at me and said Elmo? LOL he looked nothing like Elmo by the way. The second was when I took the kids to Walgreens, I was trying to get Brylee to sit down in the front part of the cart, she looks at me and loudly announces"Mommy, I can't sit down yet my underwear are in my vagina and I need to get them out first." Face Palm lol

Chibi_Kitten
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:42 PM

When my daughter was potty training four years ago, she made a habit of announcing everything she was doing. Which was fine as most people just chuckled and thought it was adorable, she was a tiny 2yo then. lol

Unfortunately for me, we went to Sea World one day and I had to go to the bathroom. Obviously I had to take her with me as it was just me, her and her then 6/7yo brother. She announced EVERYTHING I did. "You're peeing in the potty like a big girl, Mommy, good job!!" "Yay, you remembered to wipe, don't forget to wipe well!" "Good job flushing the toilet, Mommy!!!" "Wash your hands so they're all nice and clean!!"

I'm just super stoked that the one time she came into the bathroom with me while I had my period, we were at home.

Chibi_Kitten
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Oh, another one. When my son was in preschool and my daughter was a breastfed infant, I took him out for ice cream as a reward once. A black family came in, her baby was around 9mo. We started talking and we, of course, touch on the subject of breastfeeding. My then 4yo son (he's almost 11yo now) asks the lady "Do you make chocolate milk? Because, you know, your skin is black?"

She laughed and thought it was great, kids are such innocents she said, but I lit up the whole store in red from mortification!

virgoariesmama
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:30 PM

We went to a local pizza shop and was sitting at a booth and when there was a bald guy sitting in the booth in front of us and dd yelled mommy he has no hair lol thank heavens he wasn't paying attention so I just told her that wasn't nice.

There was another time we were at Kroger and I had a cart with a car attatched and I was walking fast to make it fun for the girls then I slowed down and dd 3 y/o said go horse go and it sounded like she was screaming go whore I said what did you just say dh walked over from across the store and said she said go whore go omg everyone was just looking at us

awebber4
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM
My ds last year had the habit of constantly looking for his daddy when we went out. (Dh was working a lot) so he used to yell out to every man he saw "daddy!!!"
AbelsMommy01
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
When my nephew was 3 he pulled his pants down and yelled "release the kraken" at an old lady in walmart
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)