Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High blood pressure at 32 weeks-morning update...Final update :-(

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM
  • 10 Replies
Ok...morning update: I get my protein levels tested between 11 and 1 today. At 150 I'm good,300 they keep me, and 500 means delivery is imminent. Obviously we're hoping for the lowest number, but I've still got concerning issues.

My bp is still in the 130s/70s, which is high for me. I'm having terrible headaches, and they are frequent. I'm also having pains that may be related to my liver swelling and not my gallbladder. (Apparently the pain of the liver swelling is about the same as a very minor gallbladder attack, which would be why I never thought to complain. I'm used to my gallbladder issues.)

Anyway, that's the update right now. Best case scenario, I'll be out tonight after my second steroid injection for Jackson's lungs. Worst case would be having to stay to be monitored constantly because my body is being difficult. And of course, the option I don't want to even consider right now...having Jackson at any part of 32 weeks gestation.

I normally don't ask this for myself, but please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Grrr...final update on all this...NOT what I was hoping for:

I am preeclamptic. My doctor wouldn't give me the numbers, but told me she'll let me go home as long as I take it easy and I don't go to work. I have an appointment Monday for another sonogram to check on Jackson (just a precaution), and we'll be discussing my date to be induced...at 37 weeks...which also happens to fall during Karina's spring break. (March 10th-14th) Talk about timing! So...I'm just waiting for 4pm to get my second steroid shot and get discharged. :-/

I feel so bad about this. I know 37 weeks is still good, but I'm so much healthier this pregnancy, and now I feel like I failed. I know I didn't, but I still feel like crap about it. :-(
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Thinking positive thoughts for you and Jackson. Hope you are able to keep him in longer.
Red_Tempest
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you...at this point I want at least 4 more weeks. :-/

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: Thinking positive thoughts for you and Jackson. Hope you are able to keep him in longer.
KEL101212
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you and your family!

Red_Tempest
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:54 PM
BUMP!
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Hugs, sending some prayers for you and your little guy.

Red_Tempest
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, your prayers, and good thoughts.  I'm doing a bit better tonight emotionally.  My boyfriend is beng very supportive, and that helps a lot. :)

CafeMom Tickers

AmyParent
by Amy on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Hugs! I had emergency csec at 33 weeks with my youngest. I know how scary it is... Problems started at 26 and it was touch and go til she was finally delivered.
TempestRayne
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Everything will be okay.
BethanyMel
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Praying for you!! I had preeclampsia at the end of my pregnancy with my son. It's very stressful. I pray for a safe and healthy delivery. 

Red_Tempest
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Thank you.  :)  I'm doing everything I can to stay distracted and optimistic. :)

Quoting BethanyMel:

Praying for you!! I had preeclampsia at the end of my pregnancy with my son. It's very stressful. I pray for a safe and healthy delivery. 

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)