Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is it wrong...

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM
  • 13 Replies
That I want to spend my birthday alone? I have 4 kids ages 8,5,1 and 6 weeks and they are so overwhelming. My baby cries unless she's being held... if I let her cry she chokes and throws up. My one year old is lashing out destroying everything he touches, he hits the baby and when we try to play with him or spend time with him runs away. The oldest two are always fighting and SO is always in a bad mood and yelling at the older kids. I spend the moment I wake up cleaning and cooking, doing laundry, carrying the baby, helping with homework, taking care of SO with no time to myself. I go without eating... I'm lucky if I have time to eat a meal a day. I go days without showering and on top of it all I have the stomach flu. I'm so depressed I'm on anti depressants but their not helping... my OB suggested therapy but I have no time for that. SO asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told him nothing but truth is I just want to be alone for at least 24 hours. No kids, no chores and no SO. I just want them out of the house. Is it wrong that I want to be alone for my birthday? Oh! I forgot to mention my birthday is Valentine's Day and my SO loves to celebrate it.
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yankeefan828
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM

my bday was this past sunday and i was loosing my mind. i understand comepletely. i would probably sleep, take a bath and have some small delicious meals and end the night with a hot chocolate. moms need time to themselves you should ask your so for a day to have to your self every month why dont you guys celebrate valentines day then your bday on day this weekend to have a break

berespectful
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:57 PM

not wrong at all! You deserve a BREAK! It sounds like you are dealing with post partum stuff too. You seriously need to hire some help if you are that stressed out. Better to go into debt then have a mental breakdown.

RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Oh honey, a day to yourself sounds like exactly what you need. Maybe start a new tradition and celebrate Valentine's day Friday and your birthday Saturday. You have your hands full and sound absolutely exhausted. If i was your friend i would help in a heartbeat. Maybe some friends can pitch in to help with the kids.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Sounds like you need a day just for you.

Big hugs.
MrsMommy123
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:40 PM
If you can, leave the kids with your SO,book a hotel room, order some food, get a pedicure, shop, etc. For my birthday my son was six weeks as well. I bought something for myself and did some serious window shopping while he was home with my SO. It was just good to do something, anything by myself, for myself.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Sounds like you need one!
l0vEforMaNkInD
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Dont forget the cheese and wine ahhh I hope it goes exactly how you want it happy early bday!
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Happy Valentines birthday, it is mine too.  I say ots your birthday you should get to do what you want : )

peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I think a birthday should be what the birthday person wants, as long as it is financially and morally within reason.  Having a day to yourself would be a wonderful gift.  I am sure there are many mommies out there that would love to have a day to themselves.  If so will be disappointed you cant celebrate valentines day, tell him you will take another day for your birthday gift.  The best thing would be if you could get away-go to a hotel for the night, bring a book, chocolates, wine and bubble bath.  Do whatever you want, knowing the kids are in good hands with so.  Sounds like a wonderful birthday to me!

momma_aux
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM
No I am a step mom (at 19) of my fiances kids (4,3,1 yrs old) I was so stressed. I didn't get to go anywhere for a year!! So no its not wrong hun I wouldn't say 24 hrs even one or two hrs is good for me. cuz my kids can't sleep can't do anything when I'm not home:))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)