Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

proposing-update-pic pg5

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM
  • 61 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I have my heart set on proposing to my boyfriend (father of my unborn child) Monday is our sonogram and it will be our first time seeing our miracle baby. He told me ahead of time he will be crying <3 He openly speaks about us marrying and talks about when he is able to get a ring good enough. He's a true romantic, and we always compete as a joke to show who loves who more. I decided I'd get him a ring and beat him to it! Not only will he probably manly cry, he will always tell the story of how I proposed haha. So my questions are, did any of you propose? What kind of ring is more manly? Diamond? No diamond? Onx? And if I have "will you marry me" or marry mom on the sonogram is that corny? :)

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leeannfarley
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:53 AM
I have reason to believe he has plans to propose and I want to before he does! Lol *
Steampunk_Mom
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:45 AM
3 moms liked this
I think saying marry mommy is super cute and not too aggressive; which is good. Some men might feel emasculated if their girl purposes to them. so by doing it when he's already emotional and overjoyed and with a little message on the sonogram, very cute idea. Also, try Tungsten for the ring.
Skittles1988
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww that's cute :)

I proposed to Dh after he'd asked me twice before. I had wanted a little time before getting engaged. (He knew at 3 months of dating that I was who he wanted, but I held him off a bit, Kind of 'Woah Buddy" when he whipped out a ring after 3 months lol) When I did it, I wanted him to see that I wanted him forever too, so I got him a tungsten band, no diamond. He's a geologist and shouldn't have things thata can be easily damaged or marred, so I went with something simple. I got his favorite dinner and had rose petals around the house, and just got out of a shower. Asked him in my towel...totally not planned to do it in my towel, but he came home early and I couldn't exactly say "Hold on, let me get dressed and explain what's going on" haha.

You know your guy so get what you think he'd be happy to have. It sounds like you have an adorable idea going on. Good luck and congrats! 

mama2b100808
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Marry mom on the sonogram will be better! No diamond. Get a tungsten ring. My husband and I have a ring like that and any kind of work will not hurt it. :) Good luck. Yes I proposed to my man so many times it wasn't funny. lol but he done it without me knowing. lol 

kendallrose
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:10 AM

I think putting it on the sonogram is adorable.

lil_momma1411
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Aww the sonogram idea is priceless I love it!! If you decide to do that please update and let us know how it goes.
leeannfarley
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I just picked out a beautiful tungsten ring! Yay

Quoting mama2b100808:

Marry mom on the sonogram will be better! No diamond. Get a tungsten ring. My husband and I have a ring like that and any kind of work will not hurt it. :) Good luck. Yes I proposed to my man so many times it wasn't funny. lol but he done it without me knowing. lol 

leeannfarley
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Definitely will!

Quoting lil_momma1411: Aww the sonogram idea is priceless I love it!! If you decide to do that please update and let us know how it goes.
leeannfarley
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Thank you!

Quoting kendallrose:

I think putting it on the sonogram is adorable.

mama2b100808
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Can I see a picture?

Quoting leeannfarley: I just picked out a beautiful tungsten ring! Yay

Quoting mama2b100808:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)