Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Has anyone been starting to think about their garden?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM
  • 37 Replies

Do you garden? Have you started thinking of what you are going to plant this spring yet?

I wanted to get a garden in last year, but it never happened and this year we WILL get one in. Not sure what things I want to plant yet though other than tomatoes...

gardening

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't wait for gardening season! I do a small one at home, and share one at a friend's house because she has a ton of space.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Oh, I bet that is nice to have both of them! We have a pretty big yard here at my mom's house, just have to figure out where she will let us put it... the thing that held us back last year was that she wanted the garden to be in like an elevated box thing and no one ever got around to building one.

Quoting Courtney610: I can't wait for gardening season! I do a small one at home, and share one at a friend's house because she has a ton of space.

TurtleMami
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:41 PM

As soon as the two feet of snow on my 'garden' melt, I'm going to get my little one out there. Not sure what flowers we'll put in, but as long as I figure out how to get rid of those damn weeds I'll be happy. I already planted some tulips two falls ago while pregnant. When they bloomed, I cried.

shellybird
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM

yup. The SIL and I are going into the herb business.  We are also going to try to sell things like red, white and blue potatoes, fancy carrots and other healthy fun veggies.  I also am trying to figure out how many tomato plants and pepper plants I will need this year.  :) can't wait!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Those are nice! :). Now I'm craving fresh from the garden tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and green beans

Quoting k9l1c5:

Oh, I bet that is nice to have both of them! We have a pretty big yard here at my mom's house, just have to figure out where she will let us put it... the thing that held us back last year was that she wanted the garden to be in like an elevated box thing and no one ever got around to building one.

Quoting Courtney610: I can't wait for gardening season! I do a small one at home, and share one at a friend's house because she has a ton of space.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Yeah we have a billion inches of snow here too - I can't wait for it to go away and get warmer here so we can get this garden in! Are you only doing flowers, or will you do any fruits and veggies too?

Quoting TurtleMami:

As soon as the two feet of snow on my 'garden' melt, I'm going to get my little one out there. Not sure what flowers we'll put in, but as long as I figure out how to get rid of those damn weeds I'll be happy. I already planted some tulips two falls ago while pregnant. When they bloomed, I cried.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I was thinking of doing a couple of herbs too AND potatoes! Never tried potatoes in a garden so a little nervous about those. We want to do peppers too and will probably also do cucumbers... there is so much I want to plant just hope I have room for everything I want lol.

Quoting shellybird:

yup. The SIL and I are going into the herb business.  We are also going to try to sell things like red, white and blue potatoes, fancy carrots and other healthy fun veggies.  I also am trying to figure out how many tomato plants and pepper plants I will need this year.  :) can't wait!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Oh yum, me too!!

Quoting Courtney610: Those are nice! :). Now I'm craving fresh from the garden tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and green beans

Quoting k9l1c5:

Mammacra
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

We got our seeds today!
Mammacra
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I wish the store had a better supply of organic I'm going to order more but while the kids & I were shopping they saw the seeds & got so excited how could I say no! We love our garden and are looking forward to all the snow melting!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)