Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

am I crazy? has anyone switched?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
So for the last few years I wanted to become an rn. I've worked in hospitals for the last 5 years. I love pt care. I love the adrenaline. My parents kind of pushed nursing on me tho. Fellow nurses continously say I will make an awesome nurse and I need to finish school. Recently I felt burnt out. I'm tired of my job as a tech and I'm petrified of getting my r.n and hate my job. Nursing is hard. It takes a toll on you mentally and physically. I thought about going to school for a business administration management with a minor in marketing or Hr management. I would like to start my own business eventually.
I also want to change job fields...It's hard tho I only have health care experience. Most jobs want you to have at least a year experience in the area you want to go in. How do I get this experience. ..anyone been my shoes..any one completely change career fields?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kc24
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:46 PM
The only thing I could tell you is ,if ur not happy with ur carrer change it and become that person you'll love to be .if u don't do it u will regret it and u will not be happy with ur self
Chloesmom2004
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 5:27 PM
It takes a lot of looking but you can find someone who's willing to hire newbies. Its taken me a little while since finishing school to find someone who's willing to give me a chance to work with him
MKA28
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:52 PM

No way mama! You are brave, not crazy. It's so easy to stay in the same career especially once you get comfortable, and the economy. I believe the more education, the better off. Getting into an Internship is the best way to gain experience. For my Paralegal work, I volunteered a lot free hours to people and non-profit organizations. It got me the experience, and references. Best wishes to you!

ladybug

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:25 PM

That is a toughie. I'm not much help but good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)