Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

That Unexpected "Itch" (no not that kind)

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM
  • 29 Replies

So I don't know if it is part of my post partum depression that comes in waves... but for a long time I've missed being pregnant. I loved the feeling of it, the bump, the glow, the amazing fact that you are holding a growing little person inside you... I know I know I'm absolutely crazy but its something I just miss. :| Sometimes I think about how it would work and sometimes it seems doable and other times I say no way. Has anyone else ever felt like this?? I'm on depo-provera so it would take me forever to become pregnant again, maybe. simple frown

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdriaJean
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I had preeclampsia, and so being pregnant again would be really scary for me!

Quoting Saraf20:

So I don't know if it is part of my post partum depression that comes in waves... but for a long time I've missed being pregnant. I loved the feeling of it, the bump, the glow, the amazing fact that you are holding a growing little person inside you... I know I know I'm absolutely crazy but its something I just miss. :| Sometimes I think about how it would work and sometimes it seems doable and other times I say no way. Has anyone else ever felt like this?? I'm on depo-provera so it would take me forever to become pregnant again, maybe. simple frown

ishldbcooking
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Girl, I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old and I already have the itch again. I know the feeling. Being prego is a wonderful thing (aside from heartburn and swollen feet ;) )
Mandallyn
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I know how you feel. Three children later and the itch is GONE. Lol All I can say is, take your time. It's okay to have a few years space between children, or to have a small space. There's nothing wrong with waiting until you're fairly certain it's the right time to try again.
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

My third is 10 months old and sometimes I start thinking about having a 4th. When that happens I turn on "Call the Midwife" on Netflix and watch the 1st episode and the birth where the woman is screaming bloody murder. That pretty much makes me content with 3 kids again. Lol!!

Saraf20
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:27 AM
It's very wonderful .

Quoting ishldbcooking: Girl, I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old and I already have the itch again. I know the feeling. Being prego is a wonderful thing (aside from heartburn and swollen feet ;) )
Saraf20
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Lol I can understand that x) but I loved my labor and delivery journey . Sure it hurt (definitely!) but I'd do it over again . I had back labor that really delayed dilation for me . I was them frozen at 8cm for maybe over two hours and since I was at The Birth Center in Bryn Mawr PA for over 26 hours I had to be transferred to DCMH for an epidural . After the epidural I slept for a long time and then when I woke up I was ready to push and I had him two hours later . It took a lot of hard pushes to have him rotate because he was head down bit he was facing "sunny side up " instead of facing the ground . I felt him finally turn right near my pelvic bone . It was like a weird click and I just said , "Whoa he is facing the right way now." Really calm and one of the midwives who came with me from tbc said "wow you're right !" Then it was really easy and took just another 30 minutes from there (:

Quoting GodsAmiga:

My third is 10 months old and sometimes I start thinking about having a 4th. When that happens I turn on "Call the Midwife" on Netflix and watch the 1st episode and the birth where the woman is screaming bloody murder. That pretty much makes me content with 3 kids again. Lol!!

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:47 AM
I was on depo. The first period I was pregnant.

Quoting Saraf20:

Saraf20
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Yeah I do need to wait . I think it's the fact that even at birth my son was never much of an infant . He was extremely active and strong from the get go and he just grew so quick... walking at nine months and already drinking from a straw and he'll be a year on March 11. He already asks ,"what's that ?" and says mommy, dada,mommom, yumm , muum for more, papop , he literally just said thank you, rubs his belly if you ask him where it is, feed himself , and just so much more .

Quoting Mandallyn: Yes, I know how you feel. Three children later and the itch is GONE. Lol All I can say is, take your time. It's okay to have a few years space between children, or to have a small space. There's nothing wrong with waiting until you're fairly certain it's the right time to try again.
Saraf20
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I can't forget about all those kisses he gives me too <3

Quoting Mandallyn: Yes, I know how you feel. Three children later and the itch is GONE. Lol All I can say is, take your time. It's okay to have a few years space between children, or to have a small space. There's nothing wrong with waiting until you're fairly certain it's the right time to try again.
Saraf20
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM
That must have been so scary :( I'm sorry you went through that

Quoting AdriaJean: I had preeclampsia, and so being pregnant again would be really scary for me!

Quoting Saraf20:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN