Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Already acting this way??

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM
  • 25 Replies

My 19 month old is already hating the new baby and he isnt even born yet! My son is constantly hiting, kicking, punching my stomach. I have tried to tell him that he is hurting me...hurting the next baby. But whenever even a little bit of my belly shows my son goes ape on it. I am scared that once that new boy is born my son will have even more of a problem :( I dont know what to do :'(

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_lassalle
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Wow, Your gonna have you hands full!!!!  Are you paying a little bit to much attention on the baby then him? You have to figure out whats making him act that way. Or maybe it could be that he thinks your belly is a punching bag LOL.

Good luck God bless =)

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:07 PM
What do you do when he hits you?
bamamommy2009
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:07 PM

my kids are 2 years and 2 weeks apart. i was affraid she would hate the new baby too however i told her that this was going to be a special friend for her to play with just her size- she was careful with my tummy then..now said baby is my son who is 2.5, he will be 3 years, and 3 weeks when this baby comes{not planned} and he will jump, and kick on my belly and just be rough- I am not that far along but i worry if he will keep being rough with me when i do start showing more?

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Nope not any more than normal. I mean I have been less active but he still gets 98 % of my attention. It got worse once this stomach started to grow lol

Quoting Mrs_lassalle:

Wow, Your gonna have you hands full!!!!  Are you paying a little bit to much attention on the baby then him? You have to figure out whats making him act that way. Or maybe it could be that he thinks your belly is a punching bag LOL.

Good luck God bless =)

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I push away his hand and said ow that hurts. when he does it again I tap his hand and tell him dont hit me. then he normally just ends up throwing a toy or whatever at me. I then place him in time out and he doesnt get the toy back till the next day.

Quoting iamcafemom83: What do you do when he hits you?

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Well that's pretty good:)
I woukd step it up and say NO quite firmly and "hitting is not nice" and set him down/walk away.if after that he tries to hit again, time out right away.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I push away his hand and said ow that hurts. when he does it again I tap his hand and tell him dont hit me. then he normally just ends up throwing a toy or whatever at me. I then place him in time out and he doesnt get the toy back till the next day.

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM

My son started to do all this once I started to show more and more. He use to be so loving and gentle expecially during my sickness times. But then the belly started to grow and mommy couldn't be as active as I was.

Quoting bamamommy2009:

my kids are 2 years and 2 weeks apart. i was affraid she would hate the new baby too however i told her that this was going to be a special friend for her to play with just her size- she was careful with my tummy then..now said baby is my son who is 2.5, he will be 3 years, and 3 weeks when this baby comes{not planned} and he will jump, and kick on my belly and just be rough- I am not that far along but i worry if he will keep being rough with me when i do start showing more?

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:15 PM

He just repeats not nice all day practically. I'm not sure if that'll work but I will give it a try :)

Quoting iamcafemom83: Well that's pretty good:)
I woukd step it up and say NO quite firmly and "hitting is not nice" and set him down/walk away.if after that he tries to hit again, time out right away.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

bamamommy2009
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:16 PM

maybe that is why? not being able to be more attentive?? or maybe they get this sense that they don't fully understand what is happening but know that something is changing for them and in mommy>?

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

My son started to do all this once I started to show more and more. He use to be so loving and gentle expecially during my sickness times. But then the belly started to grow and mommy couldn't be as active as I was.

Quoting bamamommy2009:

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I think it does have to do with knowing something is up but not understanding exactly what is happening might be his issue. we even got a small baby doll and tried to get him to understand to be nice with it...yeah that didnt seem to faze him lol he holds the baby upside down and runs with it

Quoting bamamommy2009:

maybe that is why? not being able to be more attentive?? or maybe they get this sense that they don't fully understand what is happening but know that something is changing for them and in mommy>?

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting bamamommy2009:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN