Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Potty Training is hard work

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
My daughter turned 2 Dec 24th and I have been training her before she turned 2 but it's tough she poops and pee pee on the potty and I encourage her when she goes we read the potty book and we even have a song but she stills goes to the bathroom in her pull up so I just wanted to know if anybody had any suggestion as to what else I could do to encourage her to not go in the pull up?
Potty training is tough 😩😩😩😩
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addiesmommy1109
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
She will go when she is ready. I pushed my oldest for over 3 months and after i finally gave up she did it on her own in 3 days at 2.5. My youngest is 20 months and has been obsessed with the potty since she could walk. She goes pee on the toilet a couple times a day buy doesn't have overall control yet even though she would like to!
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried not using a pullup? That feels too much like a diaper. Also she just may not be ready. Most kids aren't until 2.5.
IyarisMommy11
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:39 PM
I have tried not using a pull-up but she just goes on the floor and I thought that underwear would help but that didn't work either I guess I just have to be patient and wait till she is fully ready I'm just tired of changing and buying diapers and pull-ups they are expensive for no reason and they don't give you enough but patience is a virtue so imma wait it out thank you ladies for the help
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried no pullups?

IyarisMommy11
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:46 PM
I have tried not using a pull-up but she just goes on the floor and I thought that underwear would help but that didn't work either

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Have you tried no pullups?

TempestRayne
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting addiesmommy1109: She will go when she is ready. I pushed my oldest for over 3 months and after i finally gave up she did it on her own in 3 days at 2.5. My youngest is 20 months and has been obsessed with the potty since she could walk. She goes pee on the toilet a couple times a day buy doesn't have overall control yet even though she would like to!
jmaw89
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Take her to the potty more often. Ditch the pull up and set her on the potty every 15-30 min. ( oh and lots of candy lol)
IyarisMommy11
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Yeah I have been doing that but she will hold her poop in until she hits a corner and I don't wanna be picking up no poop from off the floor she doesn't like candy so that wouldn't work I have been giving her her favorites like a spoon of peanut butter a slice of Apple or some broccoli but she is really giving me a hard time but I'm gonna let her use it in her own time and encourage her to continue to use the potty this is just a process I wish would hurry up lol

Quoting jmaw89: Take her to the potty more often. Ditch the pull up and set her on the potty every 15-30 min. ( oh and lots of candy lol)
jmaw89
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you're doing great! Good luck

Quoting IyarisMommy11: Yeah I have been doing that but she will hold her poop in until she hits a corner and I don't wanna be picking up no poop from off the floor she doesn't like candy so that wouldn't work I have been giving her her favorites like a spoon of peanut butter a slice of Apple or some broccoli but she is really giving me a hard time but I'm gonna let her use it in her own time and encourage her to continue to use the potty this is just a process I wish would hurry up lol

Quoting jmaw89: Take her to the potty more often. Ditch the pull up and set her on the potty every 15-30 min. ( oh and lots of candy lol)
Retrokitty
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:49 AM
If it's hard work then she's not ready.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN