Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you let your little ones lick the spoon after you mix batter?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

What is your opinion on letting your kids lick the spoon after you have mixed cake, cookie, or brownie batter/dough?

I grew up doing it and let my little one do it, too, but my sister says I shouldn't do that because it's not safe. I'm not sure how since my grandmother, mother, aunts, etc., all did it and we've never been sick from it. Am I missing something? Do you let yours lick the spoon?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
septum
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM
I grew up doing it too. Once I licked brownie batter off of a spoon and I got food poisoning. Lol scarred for life. I'll let me kids do it though. You're only young once.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Yes I do. I do it too. But we use fresh farm eggs that I trust more than store bought. But we've done it with store bought too. Nothing has happened yet. Lol
Cassie2115
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Yep I do. I even let my kids lick spoons as they were eating breakfast lol. I was making a birthday cake for dh.
JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Yes I do and let's my kids...at one point I even ate the whole thing of cookie dough(I was highly depressed) and didn't feel well afterwards but I think that was because it was to be 50 or more cookies lol
TempestRayne
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Yep. And the bowls.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 19, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Oh yeah all the time lol.

katvixenstar
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 5:54 PM

yes!

like a PP, we use mostly fresh eggs (my sister has chickens) but we do use store bought sometimes and have never been sick. 

JRSMOMMM
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM

My Dh says it is not safe as well (because of eggs not being cooked)... But I ALWAYS got to lick the spoon when my mom and I baked... It is one of my favorite memories. So I do allow my monster man to lick the batter when we are done.

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM
I always did and i let Ds on occasion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN