Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Help please!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

hi moms,my son still sleeps with me and my hubby and he is 4 yrs old now,whats the best way to get him to sleep in his own room and bed? he throws a fit if i tell him you need to sleep in your bed now and he screams and crys ect. how do i do this? thank you

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Watch Super Nanny and implement her go to bed strategy. You're going to have to hold firm and it's going to be a million times harder because you've given in to the fits.
Kmamaf88
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:28 PM
I got my daughter to go to bed on her own by laying in her bed with her until she fell asleep or sat in the room and read until she fell asleep. Then eventually she learned to go to bed on her own:) hope this helped- good luck
jbug99
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Thank you :) il try those what if they dont work?

RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:07 PM
It will work if you're consistent. You just cannot give in no matter how bad the tantrums get.

Quoting jbug99:

TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Yeap.

Quoting RUMyMummy: It will work if you're consistent. You just cannot give in no matter how bad the tantrums get.

Quoting jbug99:

Momma-Rissa
by Carissa on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Good luck my son is three and he will  go to bed in his own bed but wakes up in the middle of the night to get in mine. I try to put him back sometimes but half the time I don't realize he came in until I wake up for work.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Exactly. You do it until it works. Took my kids about 4 days. They were 2&3 at the time.

Quoting RUMyMummy: It will work if you're consistent. You just cannot give in no matter how bad the tantrums get.

Quoting jbug99:

jbug99
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Thank you im trying this tonight i will not give in anymore

mrsgosch
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:33 PM

4 Days!! lucky my LO has been throwing tantrums still for over an hour each night and we have been consistent same time same routine and everything! I must have bad luck lol

Quoting PeaceMuch: Exactly. You do it until it works. Took my kids about 4 days. They were 2&3 at the time.

Quoting jbug99:

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Every kid is different. Just keep going. It only lasts so long.

Quoting mrsgosch:

4 Days!! lucky my LO has been throwing tantrums still for over an hour each night and we have been consistent same time same routine and everything! I must have bad luck lol

Quoting PeaceMuch: Exactly. You do it until it works. Took my kids about 4 days. They were 2&3 at the time.

Quoting jbug99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)