Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is Sex Frequency or Quality More Important?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:17 AM
  • 8 Replies

Relationship Sex: Is Frequency or Quality More Important?

by Jennifer Cullen

Maintenance signDo you and your husband have maintenance sex? You know, the sex you sometimes have when one of you doesn't really want to have sex but you do it anyway.

And you should.

Maintenance sex is the answer to the age-old question: Is it quantity or quality?

It's the quantity, stupid.

Just kidding about the stupid part.

Think about how often you want to have sex on a monthly basis. (If you're one of the lucky ones, you need to do this on a weekly basis.) Now think about what your husband's number might be.

In the majority of cases, his number is going to be higher than yours. It's true in my house even though I like to think of myself as having a pretty active libido. But men just want it more. It's a more visceral desire. For us women, it's more cerebral. And sometimes it's harder for us to get to that "hot" spot.

This is where maintenance sex, the act of doing it when perhaps you're not chomping at the bit for it, comes in. And this type of sex can help the two of you bring your numbers closer together.

Because even if the sex isn't great every time (and it's unrealistic to expect it to always be drop dead triple-orgasm good), it's one of those things that makes your spousal relationship different from all of your other relationships. It gives you a level of intimacy that can only be attained by being physically close.

And hopefully, the more you do it, the more you'll want to do it.

With all of the benefits that come from having sex, I'll take quantity over quality any day.

Do you believe in practicing maintenance sex?

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM
My number is higher and i really need quantity.
TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:25 AM
Both. Bad sex every day is still bad sex. And heck, if I were pretty much guaranteed an orgasm, I would want sex every day too. A guy cannot simply use his SO as a convenient hole, ignore her prompting (and we are talking "omg, I like that!" "Oh yeah, that's what I want!"- not some half unspoken mutter), and expect that said SO is going to WANT to have sex with him.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM

No I don't believe is having to schedule having sex with your lover. 

bc19
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Umm I might be unusual then, cause I can find my hot spot every time we have sex. Or rather he can get me into my hot spot everytime. So, we very rarely have bad or maintenance sex. Then again our libidos are pretty close.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM

We don't have maintanance sex. Quality is more important to me then quantity anyway.

baconade
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM
I prefer often. And it's always high quality. :p
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I'll keep it that way it is. Often and high quality, LOL

michelles89
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:10 PM
We have a great sex life. I'd definitely take quality over quantity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)