Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

how long til baby had an overnight?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM
  • 56 Replies
So my son just turned four weeks old this past sunday. My bfs mom came over yesterday after work to say hi and see him. She made a comment and keeps making them about me pumping so he can stay over at her house. Uhhh..yeah I dont think so.. I feel like she's just waiting for me to put him on the bottle so she can have him overnight but I'm not gonna be comfortable with that for a while.

How old was your little one when they stayed away from you with a grandparent for the first time and were you breastfeeding or formula feeding?
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM

My son's never stayed overnight away from us before (except when I have to be at work overnight, but then he's with my husband). He's 4. I don't think I would until a year old.

TS9509
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:23 PM
My ds was 9 months and that was only bc my dh was having an outpatient procedure done at 6 am the next morning. He was formula feed.
mrsgosch
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:42 PM
My dd still hasnt stayed with anyone...shes 18 months
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:46 PM
My youngest was 2 and my oldest was 3.
erin708
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM
My oldest I don't really remember. Prob 2. My ydd was 8wks when we went away for two nights. She was ff so I didn't have to worry about that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
937mrsweaver
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:59 PM

My son will not for a very long time! he is 17 months with no intention of it happening yet.

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Our daughter didnt stay away from us over night until she was 19 months.

jaxons_mama
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM
My son was probably 8 weeks when he first stayed at my moms overnight. After that he stayed almost every other Friday or Saturday night with her. But now my dd is 8 months and has never stayed anywhere. She will hardly stay with daddy long enough for me to go to the store. She is breastfed with no bottles.
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM
My son stayed for the first time around 14 months. The only reason he did was because my husband works third shift at work and I had a super early call time for my job. I had to be in at 4:30. He was in milk by then. Since he's only stayed away 3 times, each for the same reason.

My mother-in-law was pressuring since birth for a sleep over too. Do it when it feels right to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_momma1411
by Ashley on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM
My kids are 3 years and 2 months and have never stayed the night anywhere without me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)