Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

When have you felt most beautiful?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

The Secret to Feeling Beautiful (No Matter How You Look)‚Äč

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

woman laughingA new study has been released, claiming that women feel most beautiful between 27 and 28 years of age. Apparently, they feel best about their bodies at 27, and best about their overall appearance at 28. Not sure I'd fight these findings tooth and nail, as 27 and 28 are pretty spectacular years in terms of appearance (sigh), but there is a silver lining.

Okay, so there's good news and bad news. The bad news is the study also found that pretty much all adults will name an age younger than their current one when asked when they felt best about their looks (womp womp). But the good news is the older we get, the less emphasis we put on our appearance and what people think of us. In other words, we realize there's much more to life than shiny hair and a perky bum. And that's, need I say, a good thing.

I asked some of my friends and co-workers when they felt most beautiful, and much to my surprise, their answers were so much more than a specific age. These women felt or feel beautiful during certain moments or periods of time, as opposed to when they just got their hair done and their skin was super taut.

Here are some really beautiful answers from really beautiful women on when they feel ... beautiful.

The day I had my daughter -- and two years later, the day I had my son. I'm sure I looked like a hot mess. But I FELT beautiful.

When my 2-year-old first smiled, laughed, and called me "Mommy."

When my 6-month-old smiles and laughs -- and when he looks at me with sheer love in his eyes.

When I cheated on my boyfriend with my now-husband. I hadn't felt alive or wanted in months, and when we kissed, it was like I was completely recharged. It was magical!

Oddly, I felt really beautiful after a horrific breakup. For some reason, every man within 20 zip codes came on to me.

When I was a teenager, I shaved my head in a fit of rebellion. Responses were mixed, although there was a lot of the typical "You like a guy" nonsense. But there was one guy who didn't turn to the jokes. He looked me in the eye and told me, "It says a lot about a girl when she can shave her head and still look that beautiful." For a 16-year-old girl who was struggling to find herself, his words were perfect. I have never felt quite as secure in my body as I did that day, but when I'm feeling really down, I always remember it.

When I FINALLY found out I was pregnant!!!

When I moved to New York all by myself after years of talking about it. The city was intimidating, but as soon as I got here, I felt sexy and confident, because I was actually living my dream.

Pretty great answers, if you ask me. And it shows that there's so much more that goes into feeling beautiful than being young and thin. I mean, don't get me wrong, that's definitely nice, but it's such a fleeting, superficial feeling. 

For me, there are a few times I felt "most beautiful." When I had my daughter, obviously, is one. And when I was falling in love with my husband would have to be another. Coincidentally, I was 26/27, but to be honest, I think I would have felt just as beautiful were I 35. And another time, oddly, was when my husband and I finally went on the honeymoon we had canceled due to my mother's death. It had been a long, sad few months, and I had made the decision to really live in the moment when I was there -- and I was whole-heartedly able to. I mean, living in the moment isn't very difficult when you're on the Amalfi Coast, but I can't think of a moment in time when I consistently felt more at peace with myself or more beautiful.

It's funny, because when I look back at photos of the trip, I definitely think there have been times when, physically, I've looked better, but just something about the combination of happiness and sadness and love and salt water was perfect and irreplaceable.

And I was 31. So suck it survey.

When have you felt most beautiful?

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nelliosmom
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Before i was with my ex. I used to be goregeous, then spent four years with him.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I always feel beautiful when I'm pregnant.

RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:09 AM
When i was 22, living alone with ds in my favorite city. I had a great job, was independent, did yoga a couple days a week. Life was simple and pretty happy. I felt like my own woman for the first time.
Mommytosma
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Same here even with body changes, I miss been pregnant :-(

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I always feel beautiful when I'm pregnant.

babyblue415
by Jasmine on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:24 AM
In my teens
TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Typically when I am ovulating. Then I look and feel fantastic.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Right now :) I also felt beautiful when pregnant.
KRIZZ25
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:58 AM
wen i am healthy ,in good mood .
want10more
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:16 AM

when i was preggo..... big as a house and puking everywhere. green faced and waddling. but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh did i love my huge belly!

proudmomtiff86
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Last time i felt beautiful was 2011. In the beginning of 2011 I was put on some medicine that caused me to gain 50 pounds in about 3 months...although I have lost some of it...I have never felt the same since :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)