Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

ugh!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 15 Replies
I'm so sick and tired of the way I feel. I bust my ass all day cleaning and my husband comes home and destroys my house. I've asked him to pick up after himself numerous times and he does for a while. Then hell go right back to not caring. I asked him why this morning and he said its BC I didn't go get food for our lizard. From the town he works in!! Why should I take my kid out and waste the gas when he could get it?? I'm fed up with every time I say something to him he turns it around with some bs. No I'm not perfect at all but I'm tired of doing everything on my own. Every time I saysomething he makes me just wish iI would've never said anything cause it gets me nowhere but more pissed off. So are you stay at home moms just your husbands slave without a peep or what should I do??
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awebber4
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM
It was kind of like that before. But now im worjing and things seem a lot more fair
Corasmom43
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM
I stay at home with my dd because we decided that it'd be best for her development and all to have at least one full time parent. He used to help me with the house more. He does work a lot but I'm not asking him to clean the whole house. I asked him to put his dirty laundry in the hamper, his trash in the can, and to rinnse his dishes out so they re easier to clean later. That's it. Well and help me with dd some too. But I don't feel like that's much. I asked him if he thought because I'm not working now I should do everything but he said no that's not the case.
seraphimsong
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM
I feel ya. I do most of the housework and everyone else just makes messes. I'm constantly cleaning up after everyone. So annoying.
bcbmami
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Hahaha. I know exactly how you feel! Dh was laid off for a while and the whole time he was laid off, he hardly helped out with the house or the kids! Now that he's back to work, he gets all mad and crap when he gets home and the house isn't clean! Whatever, dude.
RenaissanceSoul
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM
  • i am not his slave. I am his wife. No that does not mean he does not have to help but me as a person I perfer no help, from him or even the kids. The only reason they have chores is to instil values not to help. I prefer everything a certain way so i go by the saying if you want it done right do it yourself and i dont mind. My husband on the other hand does as a man should, clean up behind himself, keep decent hygene, trash duty, running errands if we need things no matter when it is i ask. We work off of each other, it's teamwork no slave driving. I dont wine a peep, because i knwo without him i wouldnt be able to do a much as i can or have as much as we do, not alone atleast.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM

It's like that at our house (except my husband is only home on the weekends).  My house will be clean all week and as soon as he gets home, he leaves his clothes everywhere, his guns laying out everywhere, dishes, etc.  It gets frustrating sometimes but other times I just roll my eyes and clean it back up.  It is what it is, I know fussing at him wont help!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

yellow14
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I think mainly it's a guy thing, I'm a stay at home mom and constantly cleaning or picking up toys, dishes, doing laundry. If my husband is off work I will notice he does some dishes but that's about it. I don't mind cleaning alone but if he was the last one in bed I tell him make the bed and he does or if he throws his laundry on the floor and not in the hamper I make him pick it up himself and he does. I tell him don't be so lazy and pick it up lol. You have to train him haha. But I don't feel like a slave, he works for the money and I work to raise children and take care of the house.
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Um, HELL NO!!!

Staying in a relationship like that and allowing it to continue is just enabling the disrespect.
I am smart, strong, and have dignity. I wouldn't put up with anything like that for a second.

We are each at our "jobs" during the day; he at the office and me at home.
The second he walks in the door, all work and responsibility is 50/50. We are a team.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Mine gets like that from time to time. I get the whole why don't you go do it when it would be easier for him to do so. It sucks, I hope he gets over it soon.

momtodab
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Ha ha no way. We have 3 kids. Yes I stay home but my job is 24/7. He works outside the home I do the rest. He picks up after himself. If not he would wear dirty cloths or never have clean towels. We are a team. There is no boss. He needs a reality check
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN