Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

what have you sacrificed for your child?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 22 Replies

being a mom is one of the hardest, but most rewarding things in life... but i was just wondering, especially being so young.. is there anything you have "given up" in order to be a good mom? any dreams, habits, friends??

i'll be honest.. i've given up quite a lot but i GAINED so much more at the same time so it was well worth it and i would do it again over an over! 

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Just the body, lol. And some sleep.

Completely worth it. :)
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Aside from my sanity most days? LOL

kaetix
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

lol! sooo true to both MamaBear2cubs and MamaPeanut!! sooo true... but i was talking more like... i lost the luxury of selfishness and crazy spending habits... there's this coach bag i WANT.. 3 years ago it would have been mine the second i saw it... not saying we're struggling, but 400+ for a bag when there are bills to be paid and a little mouth to feed is just obscene! lol....

i lost some friends who are still in their party days and can't understand why i can't be out till 4am every weekend and why i'd RATHER be home reading to my son sunday morning instead of barely concious and nursing a hangover...

but you know what to hell with all that! my $40 purse from target works just as well and is just as cute ;) and dh and ds are more fun than being with a bunch of random drunks! haha 

<3<3 love my life!!!

KatLee42513
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I'm 28 so I'm not quite "young" but for me it's my career. I'm wuottong my career to become a sahm and it's 150% worth it
vwd_johnson
by Valerie on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM
The only thing I gave up was spending money on myself.. and the freedom to just get up and go any time I please.

Nothing serious or worth missing.
vam1080
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM
That's what I was thinking on this snowday! Ha

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Aside from my sanity most days? LOL

lenashark
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I got pregnant when I was 14 from a rape, I had to give up a lot to have my son, but nothing that was really a dream or anything important. It was just trivial things, like not getting to go do the things I wanted like shopping at a moments notice, worrying more about the future since it was also his future, I had to give up the image of who I was to all of the kids in my school, but things that really mattered stuck around. I still worked hard in school, I still had a lot of friends, I still had my family, I got to pursue college and my dream job, it was all fine. The only thing that I really had to sacrifice for him that actually mattered was my innocence.

ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Honestly nothing really comes to mind. I was 25 when I had my son. I was already a college graduate and working in my chosen field. DH and I already owned a home and had a little nest egg built up. I still have a lot of great friends and I still get time to myself if I need it.

Azure
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Besides my non-stretch marked body, nothing. Sure, some stuff has been put on hold, but this is more than worth it.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I gave up my career to be a SAHM when I had my daughter. I used to miss it, but really don't anymore. I work from home now and love my new job much better than my old one. And love my daughter the most of all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)