Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

how to get DS to sleep later?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
My DS is 6 months old, he wakes up at 5-6am every morning and he's up for the day. I've tried putting him to bed a little later to see if that would make him sleep a little later but that didn't work. I just want him to sleep an hour or two later and not wake up sooo early! Lol. Any suggestions?!
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Lol. Good luck. Babies that age will pretty much be up whenever they're going to be up.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I wish I knew lol, good luck!

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Lol! Babies do what they want!
Sades0605
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:28 PM

For my daughter I have a few stuffed animals in her crib. In the mornings when she wakes up (as long as she isn't starving) she will play with them and usually fall back asleep for an hour or so. Maybe you can try that!

baby dustCheck out www.adoitallmom.com for reviews, crafts, and fun stuff for moms!

erin708
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM
My first was like that. I didn't mind cause she was sleeping through the night. I would put her in her playpen to play(we all lived in one bedroom and I couldn't take her out due to fil smoking) and snooze. I was half asleep but it was usually enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ja2010
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:07 AM

At least he slept though the night.

Kim2728
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Good luck! My ds is 11 now and still wakes up at 5 am no matter if it is the wekend/sumer break!  Of coarse he is old enough to occupy his time alone now so its okay:)

Shmil055
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Do you just need more sleep? My son is the same and I go to bed an hour after him if its a night I need extra sleep. Really all you can do is adjust from your end
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)