Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM
  • 9 Replies
posted in two other groups just need answers.

When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter my SO told me he wanted to stop working after the baby was born, he told me when she was a year old I could start back working but he wanted to take care of her for the first year and I agreed.

My daughter will be one in may, I told him Monday that we need to start looking for daycare because I will be getting ready to go back to work soon as she turns one. He thinks that I am trying to rush it, I just feel that the year is almost up and I want to be comfortable going back to work knowing she is in a safe environment and is happy.

SO thinks I should just stay home with her until she is old enough to go to kindergarten or at least preschool. I told him that wasn't what we discussed before and she will be fine going to daycare my boys started at 10 months and are just fine.

It seems likes this is going to be a never ending argument. Am I in the wrong fir wanting for wanting to go back to work? If you were in my situation how would you handle it?
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
EHolstrom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

if you want to go back to work do so. It will become a regret if you feel forced to stay home when you dont want to. But if you can afford to stay home and youre happy doing so then dont rush it. Do what you feel benefits you and your family most.

miaamor77
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM
He makes enough money for me to stay home but at this point I'm just not happy with staying at home, I love my daughter to death and love being able to be at home with her but I want to be able to make my own money and not have to worry about anything.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:42 AM
What about part time while he is home?
miaamor77
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:53 AM
I don't think he would agree to that, even if did I wouldn't want to because it would leave me no time with my boys.

Quoting PeaceMuch: What about part time while he is home?
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Well he doesn't need to back out of what he said before. My husband at the time was my SO and we talked about it when we was pregnant with my daughter that I just wanted to be a sahm that I would go back to work after she was in school if he wanted me too. Well she is in school now and he doesn't want me working. And I am find with that because I can be where ever my daughter needs me. :) It is something I have always wanted was to be a sahm and wife. And now that is my job and I love it. I wish I could help you more. 

FeeFee123
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Hi Mom!  Thanks for posting today... and good question.  When I read your post, I hear a father that loves his little daughter and only wants the best for her.  He may be anxious about the whole daycare thing, and sees you (through loving eyes) as the best caretaker for your little baby.  No one is like a momma!

Why do you want to go back to work?  Can you stay home, financially?  These would be good things to have a heart-to-heart talk about with your SO.  I read alot, and this may help you both as you decide what option to go with - http://bit.ly/1kORsbu.  It's a good online article about daycare.  Hope this helps! 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I can see both sides but ultimately you need to do what is best for you, if you want to go back to work go for it, she will be fine.

TempestRayne
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:44 PM
I do not think you are wrong for wanting to go back to work.
miaamor77
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Thanks ladies, I'm going to be talking to him again when he gets home and try to bring up working opposite shifts, maybe he could go to evening so I could be at home with all of my kids in the evenings.

I love my daughter and enjoy being at home with her and he makes enough for to stay at home it's just I want to make my own money so I don't have to worry about anything and I don't like have to ask for money like a child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)