Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Not pregnant anymore! :-)

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:22 AM
  • 36 Replies
10 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

We weren't able to follow my birth plan like we wanted, but it all worked out. Two hours after we broke my water the morning of the 12th (the date chosen for my induction for to pre-e),I was contracting, but making no progress and Jackson's heart beat was starting to dip and he was still "sky high". My doctor and I decided to try pitocin at the lowest dose just to see if we could get things jump-started, and do everything possible to avoid a c-section. In the 3 hours between 4 and 5cm,I gave in and received a little demerol to relax. (It does nothing for my pain, but relaxes me to the point I just don't care, lol.)

Anyway, it wore off completely by 5cm, and I felt EVERYTHINGfrom then on...the whole 45 minutes it took to get to 10. Jackson Troy Wilkins made his appearance, after only one solid push, at 2:47pm, digging in at 7lbs 2oz and 20 1/2 inches long. A PERFECTLY healthy baby.

On top of that, my 8 year old daughter did a PHENOMENAL job. We got here at 4:30 this morning, and she only took one nap early in the day. She watched my doctor break my water, tried to hold my hand (or at least pat my arm) when the contractions became too much. (I think she cried just as much as I did between 5 and 10cm.) Then, when he was born, she stood kitty-corner to my doctor and watched the entire birth. She cried when her brother came out, and had the biggest smile I've ever seen.

I'm definitely one very blessed momma. :-)

And now we're home. They only do 24 hour observation for healthy moms and babies. Jackson has passed every test with flying colors. He's doing great with breastfeeding, too, and he's so alert and quiet. :-)
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlwaysKISA
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Ooomg congrats. You let your daughter watch? That is so awesome, and one thing she is always sure to remember and cherish! Again....congrats! Such a beautiful baby :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww he is so cute! Glad your dd was such a big girl!
NativeMamaDuke
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Awe! He is precious!!! Congratulations! :)

loveing2013
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats
Red_Tempest
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Karina asked if she could as soon as we found out. She's fascinated by anything medical-related...whether it be human or animal. We had a backup plan and someone to watch her if it got to be difficult, but...She's been watching birthing shows with me for years, and really wanted to see what it was like for real. She's going ti have one heck of a story to tell when school starts back up Monday, lol.

Quoting AlwaysKISA: Ooomg congrats. You let your daughter watch? That is so awesome, and one thing she is always sure to remember and cherish! Again....congrats! Such a beautiful baby :-)
geekymom08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on such a handsome baby!
Courtney610
by Courtney on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
AlwaysKISA
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh seriously! That's true..what an awesome "what did you do for spring break" story!
:-D

Quoting Red_Tempest: Karina asked if she could as soon as we found out. She's fascinated by anything medical-related...whether it be human or animal. We had a backup plan and someone to watch her if it got to be difficult, but...She's been watching birthing shows with me for years, and really wanted to see what it was like for real. She's going ti have one heck of a story to tell when school starts back up Monday, lol.

Quoting AlwaysKISA: Ooomg congrats. You let your daughter watch? That is so awesome, and one thing she is always sure to remember and cherish! Again....congrats! Such a beautiful baby :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

aww what a cutie! Congrats. 

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN