Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How did you pick your kids names?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM
  • 38 Replies

Harper doesn't really have any special meaning I just fell in love with the name. Reagan is because of my grandfather who passed a year and a half ago. 

How did you choose your babies names? Are they family nameS? 

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StreetsAhead
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:21 PM

For the baby:

1st name - wanted something that was german but modern and would work when speaking English (I'm swiss)

MN1 - DS picked it. he's 13 and we thought it would be nice. He got a free choice

MN2 - the name of my old college friend who died when we were both run over while at college.

babydsmommy18
by Sylvia on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Donovan is after my uncle they also share the same birthday 34 years apart, my husband fell in love with serenity so that's our daughter , we both loved the name Jagger for our 2nd boy and I've loved aniyah for years before kids so that's our baby girl :)
Maks1mommy
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Dh picked dd's name, Makenzi, I picked her middle name, Lee it's after my mom.

I picked ds name, William because they told me to pick one and that's what I wrote down. His middle name is Jack after my grandpa.

harpersmama312
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Quoting babydsmommy18: Donovan is after my uncle they also share the same birthday 34 years apart, my husband fell in love with serenity so that's our daughter , we both loved the name Jagger for our 2nd boy and I've loved aniyah for years before kids so that's our baby girl :)

Harper was going to be Jagger if she was a boy. Either that or Dallas. 

TheJs
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

We all have J names

My first 2 have middle names after a family member. 

Our angel's middle name is after my best friend.

We don't know gender on this one yet, but if it's a boy the name is after 3 different relatives. 

cbhs_teacher
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM

My DS's middles names are my father's name and my step father's  name. If DS would have been a girl, my grandma's name would have been used. I like names that mean something.

EverleighsMommy
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:39 PM
We picked DD's because I wanted her name to end with leigh and mom picked the Ever part. I fell in love with it.
csxt99
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I didn't give my daughters their first names.  My best friend chose my oldest girl's name and my oldest daughter chose my youngest daughter's name from a list of three names that her father and I agreed on.  I chose their middle names and they had to begin with the letter A.

carr676
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM
1st Kaylyn- got it from America's Next Top Model lol. Middle; Melissa-my middle name because i couldn't decide!!

2nd Jourdyn-dh likes Jordan brand..so i spelled it different ha. Middle; Alyssa-just sounded nice.

3rd Paityn- dh just loves that name so he got the honora of actually naming her hah. Middle; Deja- after his sister who passed.
GUTTADABOSSLADI
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Myb first baby was named based upon dads initials, how unpopular it was on the meaning which his name is E'Mari Lemoyne Zyon his dad's first name is Eric so that's where his E comes in at and Lemoyne his both their middle names and Zyon means greatly praised.

My second son received his name because my grandmother wanted him to be named after a legendary rapper she liked his name is A'Maru ShaKur and the rappers name is Tupac A'Maru ShaKur.

Our little bundle we are going to have is a girl her name will be Eri'Yonna Zha'Rain A'Nyse she gets her name from all the boys initials. My grandmother passed a year ago but we always use to talk about if I had a girl I would make sure I gave her my dead aunts middle because my aunt died at 11 years old from leukemia soi promised her i would my df wanted her to have one of the boys initials and of course his so I also got a chance to name her after my mom has well her name is Denise I just changed the spelling to Nyse

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)