Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Would you ever pay this much money for a handbag?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 28 Replies

Purse That Looks Like a Plastic Bag Has a Price Tag That Will Make You Faint

by Sunny Chanel

Plastic bag purseWhat is the cost of a bag with a big smiley face and the phrase "Have a nice day" in most places? Usually, it's free (unless you live in San Francisco where -- by law -- you have to pay 10 cents for a shopping bag). But if you want a version that is "crafted from printed python skin ... lined in soft suede with hand-painted edges," you'll pay $4,000. Yes, $4,000 for something that looks JUST like a regular old plastic shopping bag.

The British designer Anya Hindmarch (whose purses have hung from the arms of Angelina Jolie and Kate Middleton) has made headlines with her new high-end handbag modeled after something very humble. "Inspired by our passion for finding the beauty in the banal, our Happy Shopper tote is our luxurious take on the classic shopping bag," the description reads.

I'm all for "finding beauty in the banal," but not for charging $4,000 for it! It seems so very excessive and SUCH a waste of money. Just think of all the other things you could buy with $4,000 -- like outfitting your entire family for a year! I, for one, would rather save the money and just carry the original plastic (free) version.

Would you ever pay this much money for a handbag?

by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM

No I wouldn't. My husband bought my purse for Christmas but I still don't know how much it was but I know it didn't cost that much. lol

Courtney610
by Courtney on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  That's not even pretty.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No way, I won't pay more then 20 lol

JRSMOM0621
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

um no. I can go to a Chinese resturant and get one for free with my beef & broccoli! As far as handbags I just find one that I like around $20... I refuses to pay more for a bag that is just holding my wallet and day planner

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
ColieO
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM
If it's more than $20 it's too expensive.
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:09 PM
No way. Its pretty ugly IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. But I had an awesome smilie face back pack when I was 10 it looked much better and was only $15
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aandt1999
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM

NO, that's hideous.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:56 AM
No.
VACUTIE24
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:10 AM
That's ugly!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)