Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

how much is too much for your child's birthday party?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM
  • 154 Replies
5 moms liked this
My son will be 2 in May.my fiance thinks I'm crazy because though it's 2 months away I've already called the place we are having his party to confirm the date, I have most all the decor, party favors,etc. Even his birthday presents. And I keep wanting to do more and more. I understand he won't remember it but I want it to be great! What do you mothers think?
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:47 PM
5 moms liked this

I didn't have a big party until my son turned 5. I didn't see much sense in spending a fortune before that. But its to each their own.

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:50 PM
I did a bigger party for the first and that's it. Ds turns 3 this June and we are just doing a family party because no one else comes. Even if i did a big party my budget for decorations/activities/favors would be $50. We'd have it at our house and that's free.
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I think it's a waste of money :-/ But that's MY opinion. At that age we usually do very small parties at home.
KREX0914
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I usually spend about $100 on food and decorations. I think it's about the family, not how much we can afford to spend on decrorations. Then she gets one big present (a LeapPad 2, a pink car she can ride in, etc) and a few smallers gifts. This year she will be 5 and I will also be renting a bounce house for $125. I think for her 6th birthday I will rent out 2 ponies from the petting zoo to come to our house for rides for about $150.

alebuddy123
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I feal that it is all up to your budget my son is the only kid we have and for his 1st birthday we went all out wasted around $4,000. its better to start of ahead of time so that it wont seam like a lot lol

MamaTwinkleA
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I probably would spend more that 50 tops. That is for everything plus a little ore for a gift. My son turns 3 in 2 weeks and I think we are spending about 50 for everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JleeB
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this
My daughter will be 2 in June and I started planning and I'm slowly getting things for it. I decided to get a couple things each month, like cups, plates, etc. that way it isn't all one huge expense in June. Last year for her first bday we rented our apartments clubhouse bc we had too many family members to fit in our apartment. This year, we have a house and a fenced in yard and we are getting a pool installed, so we will have it here.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:50 PM
As long as you can afford it. :)
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM

We didn't do big parties at that age.

sweets3075
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't think there is nothing wrong with it. your money your kid.  I alwys get a 3 month jumpo start on birthdays because i have 1 in march and 2 in april. I always go all out on them so they will have pics to look back o. my mom did it for me and it's something i like to carry on sorta like she's a part of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN