Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Relocating and Scared!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM
  • 29 Replies

Any moms ever pick up and move with there toddler without knowing anyone there? and too far away to just drive "home". I am in desperate need for some advice!!!!

by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM

where are you moving to?  maybe we have a mama on this group that would live in the area you are moving to.  

mamasloves
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:20 AM

i did and it was hard b/c i lived in ohio my whole life and then when i moved to ky it was hard but i got used to it

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I do it every 2-3 years. DH is military. Its not that bad. Only thing I hate is when we cant secure a place to live upon arrival. I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe being in a hotel. I hate it. Really hate it. Did I mention I hate hotel life?? Because by the way, I hate hotels.

cakklove
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:20 AM

I've done it but my experience wasn't a good one because of other factors.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:58 AM

where are you moving to? 

littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:02 AM
We just did this months ago. It's hard but we had no other choices. Ive made a few friends so far
cupcake_mom
by KT on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:02 AM
I Did that 2 years ago. We up and moved to MD. The only people I knew were my df and his parents (we moved in with them) where are you moving to? Why are you moving?
thanush
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:04 AM

We did. My DD just turned 3 when we moved from Missouri to Pittsburgh, PA. We didn't know a single person here. Not  a single relative or a friend lived here.

But then we met some nice neighbours, Started going to the Buddhist temple and made some friends there, signed up with the local kids events etc. We even met an old collage friend who has a daughter who is the same age as mine. It's been about a year since we moved and things are far better now than an year ago.. Don't worry too much. you can do it.

Do you go to church? If so that will be a good place to get to know like minded people.. Kids often find friends easily once they start playing outside. I made friends with many of my daughter's friends moms and at first the only thing we had in common was that our kids were friends. Couple of them turned out to be really nice.

TempestRayne
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I want to moe so much. i'd pack up in a heartbeat if i could.

WillVon
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Being military we move a lot. A lot, a whole lot haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN