Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want a puppy!!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:31 AM
  • 36 Replies

so i want to get a puppy to raise with my babies 2 & 1...but every time i have gotten a dog in the past it either barks ALL night long, tears up everything in sight or poops anywhere and everywhere! i want a dog that is great with kids, on the smaller side (heck no to a chihuahua) and possibly doesn't shed that much. any suggestions?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arpazia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Maybe not a puppy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1993
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Dog then. Puppies do all of that. Older dogs don't.
mommymix0820
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:34 AM

lol i get why u say that cuz the "puppy stage" thing...but i want it to become like another mama or papa bear to my babies. do u think an older dog will still attach to them that way?

Quoting arpazia: Maybe not a puppy?

amberNewman0213
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Just about any dog is going to tare up things without proper training. And just about every small dog is going to bark a lot. A basset hound may be a good dog. They are lazy and don't bark a lot. And are good with kids.
arpazia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes , an older dog can still attach like that:)

Quoting mommymix0820:

lol i get why u say that cuz the "puppy stage" thing...but i want it to become like another mama or papa bear to my babies. do u think an older dog will still attach to them that way?

Quoting arpazia: Maybe not a puppy?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymix0820
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM

that's a great idea thank u! don't know why i haven't even thought of a basset

Quoting amberNewman0213: Just about any dog is going to tare up things without proper training. And just about every small dog is going to bark a lot. A basset hound may be a good dog. They are lazy and don't bark a lot. And are good with kids.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:39 AM
If u want a calm natural nanny for your kids newfoundlands are known as nature's natural nannys. And become very watchful of kids. However they are a very large breed. And can be pricey.

Quoting mommymix0820:

Quoting amberNewman0213: Just about any dog is going to tare up things without proper training. And just about every small dog is going to bark a lot. A basset hound may be a good dog. They are lazy and don't bark a lot. And are good with kids.

mommymix0820
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:42 AM

oh my! i binged it that would be like having a miniture cow lol! but they're so cute and fluffy!!!

Quoting amberNewman0213: If u want a calm natural nanny for your kids newfoundlands are known as nature's natural nannys. And become very watchful of kids. However they are a very large breed. And can be pricey.
Quoting mommymix0820:

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
That's normal puppy behavior and with proper training can be corrected.
mommymix0820
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:48 AM

true. this might sound crazy but to me it seems like just adopting a mut could be good. i had a full blooded red nose pit when i was in hs and omg that dog was the dumbest dog id ever seen. he literally ran into the electric fence a few times a day..

Quoting PeaceMuch: That's normal puppy behavior and with proper training can be corrected.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)