Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Who are you to judge me?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM
  • 87 Replies
10 moms liked this

I am a 24 year old mom of four kids ages 8, 6, 4, and 3. When I first had my son at 16 I was insecure. Not only about being a first time mom but also the fact that I was a young mom. I would get questions, comments, and looks all the time. And the famous line was always somewhere in the conversation.. "You look too young to have children" I would have people asking me if I'm done having kids and even more personal questions. I found that I was entertaining their curiosity while putting all my business out there. I would always answer questions but as the years went by (and the more kids I had) i realized it was none of their business. Nobody has to pay my bills or do anything for my kids so who are they for me to have to answer to? WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Amen! Welcome to the group! My name is Mandy and I am a sahm to a beautiful 5 year old daughter. I am 29 years old and I am married to my best friend. :) How are you and your family? I hope you enjoy it here. :) 

mommybear91
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:03 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I had two kids before I was 22 they were both born in 2012 trust me I got looks like wow I look young. And oh my favorite lol are they twins? Clearly no they aren't but you're right it's no ones business and if you support your kids then people need to stop flapping their gums. :-) these are my two boys they were playing lol and the onlyreason im showing you a picture is to show you they don't REALLY look A like.
Cherrybomb1989
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I know exactly how you feel I'm also 24 , and I have four amazing children 9,7,5 and 4. I use to get looks all the time and would be asked if I was done having children and that I look too young to be a mom. And for the longest time when I went to pick up my oldest daughter from sparks and brownies everyone thought I was her older sister. But now I don't really get those any more I live in a small town and everyone knows me here the most I get now is that people tell me I have my hands full.
ProudMom8643
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you! My name is Eva. It is very nice to meet other moms on this website. It is so hard to find people to talk to because nobody can really relate to me. Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Quoting mama2b100808:

Amen! Welcome to the group! My name is Mandy and I am a sahm to a beautiful 5 year old daughter. I am 29 years old and I am married to my best friend. :) How are you and your family? I hope you enjoy it here. :) 

ProudMom8643
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Yes! I am always asked if my youngest two are twins. It is quite obvious that they aren't but I guess it is a way for people to try and justify why I had so many kids.. lol I love all my kids and even with the discrimination and annoyance of peopes stupidity I wouldn't change a thing.

Quoting mommybear91:

Mobile Photo

I had two kids before I was 22 they were both born in 2012 trust me I got looks like wow I look young. And oh my favorite lol are they twins? Clearly no they aren't but you're right it's no ones business and if you support your kids then people need to stop flapping their gums. :-) these are my two boys they were playing lol and the onlyreason im showing you a picture is to show you they don't REALLY look A like.

ProudMom8643
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I've gotten that question on more than 10 occasions. "Are you done?" I shock them with "I don't know, I'm still young, maybe in a few more years" Ans while I am usually joking reality is you never know. But whatever happens it is nobodys business but my husbands and mine! and wow, it's crazy because your kids are exactly a year older than mine! how cool is that? lol 

Quoting Cherrybomb1989: I know exactly how you feel I'm also 24 , and I have four amazing children 9,7,5 and 4. I use to get looks all the time and would be asked if I was done having children and that I look too young to be a mom. And for the longest time when I went to pick up my oldest daughter from sparks and brownies everyone thought I was her older sister. But now I don't really get those any more I live in a small town and everyone knows me here the most I get now is that people tell me I have my hands full.

ProudMom8643
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

t

these are my "Irish twins" lol

Quoting mommybear91:

Mobile Photo

mommybear91
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are Irish twins too.

Quoting ProudMom8643:

t

these are my "Irish twins" lol

Quoting mommybear91:

Mobile Photo

Siah616
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!!!! Im 28 and I have a 21 month old son and my husband and I have custody of our nephew who is 5. SIL passed away suddenly. I get looks ALL of the time. I guess i dont look my age. A few weeks ago an older man asked me if I was crazy for having 2 kids at such a young age (i did not know him and he had no idea how old i was) I was so taken aback. People are ridiculous.
rachel216
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my first at 17 and my 2nd by the time i was 20...i got the same questions comments and looks ....f them lol..only god or who ever you believe in can judge me and ill live my life the way i want
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN