Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby sitting by themselfs

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hi my name is staci I have a 81/2 month old and hes not sitting by himself yet....is there something wrong or is there anything I can do to help him...please help
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugareemommee
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Stop worrying! All babies meet their milestones at their own pace.

If you're truly concerned, trust your gut and talk to your pediatrician.
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:18 PM
My son was 10months before he sat by himself. He was a bigger baby and it was just hard for his spine to hold his weight.
All kids are different.
staciratliff
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Thank you

Quoting sugareemommee: Stop worrying! All babies meet their milestones at their own pace.

If you're truly concerned, trust your gut and talk to your pediatrician.
staciratliff
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Thank you I just thought something could have been wrong....and see my baby is the opposite hes really small so maybe that has something to do with it....im going to the doc this up comming month ill have to let everyone know what's going on

Quoting lilmama8408: My son was 10months before he sat by himself. He was a bigger baby and it was just hard for his spine to hold his weight.
All kids are different.
k9l1c5
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Welcome to the group! I think my daughter began sitting by herself around 8-9 months, but we did tons of tummy time and I would sit behind her on the floor and have her sit up but she was kinda leaning on me. She was born with a birth injury so we did a lot of phsyical therapy through tummy time and floor exercises. But all babies reach milestones at different times. You could try sitting behind him like I did and play with him that way so that he can learn to sit by himself. Or some people use those bumbo seats that they can sit in.

RUMyMummy
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Talk to his ped but don't stress about timing. Some babies are late bloomers with physical milestones but after a few years none of the early milestones really make a difference. Barring actual disabilities, you can't look at a group of four year olds and tell who sat up the latest.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Have you discussed it with his Pediatrician?

staciratliff
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Thank you I will deff try that

Quoting k9l1c5:

Welcome to the group! I think my daughter began sitting by herself around 8-9 months, but we did tons of tummy time and I would sit behind her on the floor and have her sit up but she was kinda leaning on me. She was born with a birth injury so we did a lot of phsyical therapy through tummy time and floor exercises. But all babies reach milestones at different times. You could try sitting behind him like I did and play with him that way so that he can learn to sit by himself. Or some people use those bumbo seats that they can sit in.

staciratliff
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:32 PM
No he doesnt see her till this month the 15th for his 9 month check up

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Have you discussed it with his Pediatrician?

staciratliff
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Thank you ill see with his ped the 15th of this month....and ya I know ill try not to stress to much about it..

Quoting RUMyMummy: Talk to his ped but don't stress about timing. Some babies are late bloomers with physical milestones but after a few years none of the early milestones really make a difference. Barring actual disabilities, you can't look at a group of four year olds and tell who sat up the latest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)