Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is $400 too much for a pair of shoes for a kid?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM
  • 65 Replies

I'm not talking about special shoes to accommodate special needs like physical deformities or extra support for weaker than usual ankles, etc., but just for an average kid with no special needs, a 4yo who would rather run around barefoot than wear shoes at all... for that kid, do you think $400 is too much to pay for a pair of shoes? I don't even know what brand they are or why they cost so much, but my brother's girlfriend just spent that on one pair of shoes for her daughter and I think that's nuts!

What do you think? Is $400 too much for one pair of shoes for an average little kid?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hvanover
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM
5 moms liked this

I think $40 Is to much to pay for a pair of shoes let alone $400 that's just ridiculous!

NativeMamaDuke
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I would never in a million years spend $400 on anything for my kid if it was not a necessity. That is just insane! Only thing I could possibly imagine would be if it was a graduation present or something. Not an article of clothing though.

TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM

that is stupid

JG86
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:47 PM
I wouldn't pay that much. I usually spend around $100.
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:48 PM
This!

Quoting hvanover:

I think $40 Is to much to pay for a pair of shoes let alone $400 that's just ridiculous!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Muffins89
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't even spend that much on a pair of shoes for ME, let alone a toddler who is only going to grow out of them within the year.
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM
My kids are 5 and 1. I dont spend more than $15 on shoes. They outgrow them to fast.
.anonymous
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:56 PM
It's absurd.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I just spent 100 dollars on two pairs of shoes for my kids last night. That's the most I've ever spent. I buy nikes and sperrys on sale and at the outlet mall. I paid full price for two pairs of kd's. 400 dollars on one pair of shoes is crazy to me but more power to her if she can afford it. My luck that would be the pair my dog chewed up or my kid lost.
littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Of course that's to much for shoes. Come on now that's just obvious.
For a 4 yr old the most I've paid was 60$
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)