• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has S/o commented on weight

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: Has your s/o ever commented/hinted weight loss?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

So this is obviously from another post that I got this idea. Has your hubby ever commented on your weight. And no I don't mean in the good way like "you look awesome" but like "you have gained a couple of pounds" type comment or even "hinting" toward it? Mine has never but then again I haven't gained a ton threw the years we have been married....

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Yes he has. It wasn't really in a mean way though,he was more concerned.

Indy3000
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM

That is understandable then as long as it wasn't meant mean I dont think I would get offended, and as long as there was good reason for it (If it was like a small amount like ten pounds I would be pissed)

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Yes he has. It wasn't really in a mean way though,he was more concerned.

kajira
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Sure, my husband has commented on his own need to lose some weight, and been totally fine if I comment on that i'd lose a few lbs with him. He's never made rude comments, or implied he wouldn't love me if my weight wasn't a perfect #.

We've been married for 8 years and the only time i'm above 125 is when pregnant.

m0mmy0ftw02012
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM

yes he has.... but i also rub his belly and say yea.... well so do you...haha :)

Indy3000
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

lol

Quoting m0mmy0ftw02012:

yes he has.... but i also rub his belly and say yea.... well so do you...haha :)

NatVer
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Yes but he's always been cool about it, not a jerk.
gooberholic
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM

My husband has commented that I'd be "happier" if I got back to my weight from a few years ago - however, I get back at him as well - he gained about 120lbs over a few years when he got extremely sick and medicine side affect was weight gain. So, we both know once the baby comes we'll both be going on a diet/health spree to ensure we both get back to our ""Happy"" weights.

kLynch315
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM
No he hasn't or ever will. I have esteem issues pretty badly, And it's something I'm working on. A comment like that is liable to cause an eating disorder, sadly. I was bigger than I am now anyway when we were dating, Soooo we're good. Haha
Indy3000
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Sorry about your disorder :/

Quoting kLynch315: No he hasn't or ever will. I have esteem issues pretty badly, And it's something I'm working on. A comment like that is liable to cause an eating disorder, sadly. I was bigger than I am now anyway when we were dating, Soooo we're good. Haha

Linda92silva
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Yes he has. He was not mean about it though. He simply said he wished we were both more motivated to lose the weight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)