Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I get dirty looks and it's beginning to hurt my feelings.

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:05 AM
  • 95 Replies
9 moms liked this
I have two daughters & well I weigh 105 pounds from natural being petite but every older woman looks at me in disgust I just smile back but lately it's been getting to me, & me having tattoos doesn't make me any less of a mother I work damn hard to be a great parent. Sorry for the venting but it was just on my mind.
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninagirl_m
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:28 AM
9 moms liked this
I think that behavior says more about them than it does you. Judging someone you know nothing about and attempting to make someone feel bad about their appearance don't sound like characteristics of good people, all the more reason not to care what they think. There's nothing wrong with being petite. It's the body you were meant to have, the body you were blessed with and the only one who needs to love it is you (: And I think tattoos are beautiful. I have a tattoo of a Phoenix that is a constant reminder that I'm stronger than everything I ever thought would destroy me! All that matters is that you have two little girls that love you and that you love them back with everything in you! (:
Aradia_Garnet
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:13 AM
5 moms liked this

People are going to judge. It's in the human nature. Honestly, if I saw you and your little ones on the street, I'd just smile, say hi, and go about my own way. Yes, I would probably be jealous, but it would be more at the fact of "how did she get the baby weight off?"(lol) But, judging is wrong. Judging is why certain events in history happened.And just because you have tattoos shouldn't make you a bad mother. I have two piercings (tongue and lip) and I'm getting my tattoo done when money frees up. Anyways, keep your head up high, hon. As long as you're providing for yourself and your kids, then no one else's opinion should matter.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:17 AM
7 moms liked this
I think there is so much pressure on mom's to have this mom look. The short hair. Button up blouse. And matchy matchy pants and slip on shoes. And to be perfect and blah blah blah. It's 2014. It's just not like that anymore and people not in our generation won't get it. Just like they don't like 100 other things.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:21 AM
4 moms liked this
I would be jealous of you being so little, but not mean about it. I can relate to the tattoos though. I have 4 visible tattoos and a nose piercing. I get some looks every now and then. I try to just go about my business. I got my tattoos because I like them, I don't care what anyone else thinks.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Honey, I think you are beautiful no matter how they are making you feel. They are just jealous because that can't look like you. You are beautiful and a wonderful mother so don't let them get to you. :) Keep smiling! 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate people like that, not to much you can do though people are going to judge regardless. I'd just keep smiling and go about your life.

csmcgr
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I get this reaction from other woman all the time too. Really frustrating. But just keep smiling

HealthyMamaHHC
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Anyone who is judging you has their own issues. It doesn't matter what they think. Try not to take it personally and continue smiling. You are blessed with two beautiful children and you are beautiful just as you are.

TempestRayne
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to get that a lot. Just ignore it, there will come a time that you will miss it.
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Just smile and ignore, works for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN