Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you dress the same way now that you're a mom?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:20 PM
  • 47 Replies

I usually go around in tanks and shorts because we live in Florida and, well, it's comfy. I used to fix my hair and do makeup every day, but there's not much point in getting all done up and wearing better clothes if I'm just going to get all messy doing housework and taking care of my sons.

Now that you're a mom, do you dress the same way you did before you had kids?

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JG86
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:24 PM
For the most part. I don't really dress like a "mom," and I never plan to. I also do my hair and makeup every day.
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Yes I have always been a jeans and tshirt kind of girl.  I have upgraded to short sleeve blouses since i am no longer in junior sizes and the blouses fit better.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Kind of?  My tastes have evolved in the 10 years I've been a mom, though.  I do not do my hair and makeup on the days I just stay home, but I do always do them when I leave the house.

Aradia_Garnet
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Outfits wise, yes I still dress the same. I've always felt the most comfy in gypsy skirts and flowing blouses (kinda medievalish). However, I don't do my make up or hair all the time since I see no real point in it.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:20 PM
My style has changed a lot since I became a mom. I've grown up and matured. I do my hair and wear makeup daily.
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I dress the same, I may be a bit more modest but I dress very similar.

Chabeli1112
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:51 PM
I'm always stuck in this confusion of dressing my age but dressing like a mom, lol whether to shop at target or forever 21 haha I have always dressed classy, but now I calmed down on the band tank tops I would wear and listen to, I wear basic clothing that shows my maturity rather than looking like a "rebel teen" raising a child. I have realized I'm in my 20's my friends are wearing heels and partying in their dorms and I'm home with the kids :)
kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to say no, but ive always been kinda slobby looking
MilasMom03
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I dress comfy. I love wearing jeans and a t shirt with tennis shoes. Every now and then Ill wear make up well just foundation and lipstick to coverup my pale looking lips and acne marks.
mrsd2013
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I was just talking to my coworker about getting a one piece swim suit for the first time.... that will be the biggest change for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)