Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Am i Just over reacting....soooo scared.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi there moms and moms to be. Im pregnant with my second and due in June and i am so happy to be giving my first son a baby brother...however i am deeply worried about this pregnancy because when i was about 13 or 14 weeks along, i had terrible congestion and it was only getting worse so i had my husband go out and buy sudafed ( a medication approved by the doc) anyway he comes back with sudafed pe....i am so misserable that at that point i took it anyway. After taking the medicine for about 5 days, i read on the internet that sudafed is fine but not sudafed pe. In the inactive ingredients, it says the medication has polyvinyl alcohol... will that cause FAS (fetal alcohol syndrom) i did have my anatomy ultrasound and everything appeared normal to the ultrasound tech and the doc....but im afraid that the polyvinyl alcohol could do some damage....then again i never herd of a pill causing fas.... am i over reacting?

by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RUMyMummy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
You're overreacting. It's going to be fine.
LeKendria
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I think it'll only cause an issue if you took it for months at a time not temporarily .
esox
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM
No worries.
kajira
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Your fine. The amount you'd have to consume to cause FAS would be a lot more then 2-3 pills for a couple of days.

Reese2010727
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Everything will be ok
2under5.mom
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Dont stress everything is going to be a-ok!
TempestRayne
by Donna on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Talk to your doc.
m.garcia21
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:50 PM
This. And if it helps to ease your mind talk to your doctor, im sure he will tell you everythings ok

Quoting kajira:

Your fine. The amount you'd have to consume to cause FAS would be a lot more then 2-3 pills for a couple of days.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 14, 2014 at 7:53 PM
You are probably fine. If you are that worried, call your doctor.
RaelynneS
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:20 PM
It depends if polyvinyl alcohol can cross the placenta. Even if it can it would be such a small amount I don't think it would have an effect
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)